2015 EICMA: Honda CB Six50 Concept - VTXOA
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By VS Jeff

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

2015 EICMA: Honda CB Six50 Concept

Honda is dipping its toe in the suddenly trendy scrambler waters, introducing a concept model based off of its CB650F and CBR650F platform. The CB Six50 Concept, like the CB4 roadster concept, is a design exercise from Honda R&D Europe presented at EICMA.

While the engine and frame appear identical to those on the production 650s, the CB Six50 adopts the prototypical scrambler garb of wire-spoke wheels, knobby tires and rising exhaust. A bash plate protects the four header pipes, which is a shame given their elegant design, but it’s a practical choice for a machine claiming off-road capability.

While models like Moto Guzzi‘s new V7 II Stornello or Triumph’s Scrambler seek a retro look, the CB Six50 has a very modern aesthetic. Eschewing the round headlight design of its competitors (including the Ducati Scrambler which also uses an LED), Honda opted for a rectangular headlight with a spartan-looking mounting that shows off rather than hides the routing of cables.

The motocross-style handlebar is mounted high above the triple clamp, and it’s here that Honda has attached a smartphone-sized digital display; no circular analogue dials on this scrambler.

The Six50’s seat looks very slender and rises up to a very minimalist tail. The ribbed seat is red, matching the bars that guard the radiator and extends up into a similar red stripe on the fuel tank.

Like the CB4, the CB Six50 is just a concept with no firm plans for a production model.

Follow the rest of our 2015 EICMA Show coverage for more information on new 2016 motorcycle announcements.

Read More Here: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...0-concept.html
LUKASTEAM likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 11:25 AM

Honda needs to spend 1/10 of its time designing something a large cruiser rider might appreciate. I guess it's still left to HD, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki and Yamaha (new 1300 V-4 bagger coming out) for us to buy from....

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 11:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wngd View Post
Honda needs to spend 1/10 of its time designing something a large cruiser rider might appreciate. I guess it's still left to HD, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki and Yamaha (new 1300 V-4 bagger coming out) for us to buy from....

you just posted the problem... Way to many in the field...

and the VTX was proof.. to many made, to many sitting around in crates. for years.

in 2/2005 I purchased my "F" early production... but 2002 1800 was on the floor and in crates NEW... deep discounts and very little takers... I spent 4k more for my "F" than a new 2002.. it was a new style and what I wanted

2005 VTX1800 "F" type II, Silver Tribal, 71,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.

MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 12-17-2015 at 11:36 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 03:16 PM

Honda is getting to be predictably boring at times.

Nothing they make, motivates me to buy .... except for a new Gold Wing.

But even that is getting a little old.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page