Finally upgraded to a vtx1300! - VTXOA
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Finally upgraded to a vtx1300!

Been stalking you guys for a while and decided I should make an account. My first bike was a 2000 honda vlx600 deluxe that I got in 2013. I finally upgraded to a 2004 vtx1300s. I took are of the vlx600, did every upgrade and mod I could think of. A couple hundred dollars difference between selling and buying was a great deal for the upgrade to the vtx1300s. On the first weekend I had the vtx1300s I did a tune up and replaced the steering bearing... no more wobble Only thing I need to do now is rejet the carb since she's running a bit lean. I might just leave the pair valve alone since I hardly get any popping.
VTX53R and nate6966 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:24 PM

Garage
Welcome from north of the 49th.
I loved my 1300 when I had it, you'll love yours too.

All the usual stuff .... Vance & Hines exhaust, Cobra Light Bar & Cobra Fatties highway bars, Mustang seats & backrests, Cavalry Custom Saddlebags w/Custom homebuilt bag mounts, Kuryakyn Run/Brake/Turn unit, desmogged w/pair valve removed, decapitated air box, Tsukayu fairing, Clocks4Bikes clock .....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 PM

I have a 1300C and I'm looking for an 1800 to round out my stable. Will find the one one of these days.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:55 AM

Garage
Welcome.....

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM

Nice jump up. Congrats

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM

Factory Pro jet kit and an open exhaust and you'll love the bike even more. Enjoy. I fixed up a VLX600 for a customer a couple years ago. I took it for a test ride and all I could think was, "isn't this bike just adorable." Ha ha. I imagine how happy you are with 5 gears and about double the power.

2005 VTX 1300C.................................................. ...2006 Kawi ZZR600 street fighter

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM

Oh yes, you're going to notice the increase in power.

The VTX 1300 is a freight train and it will pull anything. She will also eat any HD with the 88in engine and most HDs with the 96in engine (stock). She's not super fast (for a cruiser) but she is fast. The most important thing, at least to me, is how she pulls hard whether I have a passenger or not. She doesn't notice it, and my bike already has around 100lbs extra weight in accessories.

You've got a great bike that will handle any situation. Make sure you ain't lugging the engine though (common mistake), this engine likes to rev and she will tell you when you need to change gears. 4000 RPMs is nothing on this baby.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Oh yes, you're going to notice the increase in power.

The VTX 1300 is a freight train and it will pull anything. She will also eat any HD with the 88in engine and most HDs with the 96in engine (stock). She's not super fast (for a cruiser) but she is fast. The most important thing, at least to me, is how she pulls hard whether I have a passenger or not. She doesn't notice it, and my bike already has around 100lbs extra weight in accessories.

You've got a great bike that will handle any situation. Make sure you ain't lugging the engine though (common mistake), this engine likes to rev and she will tell you when you need to change gears. 4000 RPMs is nothing on this baby.
I test rode a 2016 Harley Street Glide Special. The 103 ci in that bike was nice, but I didn't feel like it had leaps more power than my 1300C. Yeah the 6th gear was nice, but during my ride I forgot it was there a few times, plus my Honda has plenty of power in 5th gear to pass people or avoid idiots texting on cell phones without downshifting. I have the fairing and saddlebags on my bike, so accessory-wise a Harley for me would just be an expensive lateral movement with added "benefit" of fuel injection and a lot more aftermarket parts. I want a Harley Street Glide pretty badly, but after my demo ride I got back on my Honda and didn't feel like I was on an inferior machine (if that makes sense). The jet kit, drop in K&N, air box decap, and open Roadburner exhaust really opened my bike up. I don't know if I could ever sell my VTX to be honest. 62,000 miles and counting.

2005 VTX 1300C.................................................. ...2006 Kawi ZZR600 street fighter

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:24 PM

Garage
Welcome aboard.

Tags
new memeber , steering bearing , upgraded , vlx600 , vtx1300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page