Wrecked!!!!!! - VTXOA
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Wrecked!!!!!!

So on my way to work the other morning around 3:30am some dipwad decided to play the speed up slow down game. It was a 35mph zone on a four lane road (two in each direction) and he was only going only about 20mph. So I changed lanes to get around him. No big deal right? Until he decided to speed up. He matched my speed, Still no big deal. But then I came across another vehicle in my lane that was going slower than the two of us. This caused me to have to slow down. I figured no biggy since I can go around him after the car in the right lane (the first car) gets by him. But then the first car slows down. Ok now I'm starting to get ticked. I slowed down further just to see what would happen and of course the dipwad in the first car slowed down matching my speed. I sped up he sped up. I thought to myself "F**k it I'm getting away from this moron.". I slowed down again down to 20mph and as predicted he did to. As soon as he matched my speed I dropped two gears and hit the throttle. I got passed him and around him but I guess since he was in a Challenger He figured I wanted to race cause he came hot on my ass. Now it was dark and the road I was on was not lit so I did not see the turn coming up until it was to late. I hit the brakes but it was futile. I wound up hitting a curb at about 80mph. I went flying, the bike went flying and all could think was "There goes my baby.". I'm ok not even a scratch or a sore neck. But my bike..... Lets just say that all the kings men are working hard to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wreckA.jpg (269.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg wreckF.jpg (106.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg wreckE.jpg (86.8 KB, 84 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:06 AM

Welcome.

You're lucky to not have suffered any damage at 80 mph. At that speed, even if you don't hit yourself against anything, the road rash alone can kill a person. You're very lucky indeed. What kind of gear were you wearing to have come out with no injuries/harm?

Engine seems to be damage free (no dents or scratches). These engines are bullet proof so I'm sure you'll get your bike back on its wheels. Perhaps consider highway bars when you get your bike back. It'll save your bike from a lot of damage, even from minor falls.
Noble-Rogue likes this.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Garage
Glad you weren't hurt worse! Sorry about the bike, though it can be repaired or replaced.
Noble-Rogue likes this.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM

I'm sure the other idgit stopped to assist and you guys have become good friends.

Glad you are ok and I say see if you can find a lesson in this.
Noble-Rogue likes this.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM

Garage
Glad you are ok. The X can be fixed..
Noble-Rogue likes this.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Welcome.

You're lucky to not have suffered any damage at 80 mph. At that speed, even if you don't hit yourself against anything, the road rash alone can kill a person. You're very lucky indeed. What kind of gear were you wearing to have come out with no injuries/harm?

Engine seems to be damage free (no dents or scratches). These engines are bullet proof so I'm sure you'll get your bike back on its wheels. Perhaps consider highway bars when you get your bike back. It'll save your bike from a lot of damage, even from minor falls.
No offense, but hitting a curb head-on at speed, engine guards won't help front end collision damage very much, if at all. However, I am a firm believer in them, and appreciate mine every time I ride. Sorry for the crash, and your injuries, even small ones. For the moron to bait you and/ or incite any rage, he should meet his fate all too soon.
Abby and Noble-Rogue like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Hondaline w/s & backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Progressive fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, desmog, pr. valve mod, grd. fix, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
No offense, but hitting a curb head-on at speed, engine guards won't help front end collision damage very much, if at all. However, I am a firm believer in them, and appreciate mine every time I ride. Sorry for the crash, and your injuries, even small ones. For the moron to bait you and/ or incite any rage, he should meet his fate all too soon.
I wasn't referring to his collision. I was referring more to any other types of falls seeing how he's going to spend a good amount of money to fix his bike. It'd be a pity if he damaged the bike again from a benign tip-over because of no highway bars.

I do agree that at 80 mph the bike is at the mercy of randomness. What I'm curious about is what type of gear he was wearing to not be sporting any bodily damage according to his OP.
rangers4u and Noble-Rogue like this.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum, hard way to get introduced....
Feel your pain with the accident...
Going to work?? Wasnt that a regular route you take???
One would think you now the road fairly well???
Again, get well and fix her back up soon.....

Jimbo likes this.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM

I am glad you are okay with no injuries.

I don't understand why you let this guy bait you into this situation! Why not just back off and then pull over to the side? Once he realized you were not interested in playing his game, he is on his way! He baited you and you bit hook line and sinker! Now you have a wrecked bike, and he is probably still laughing!

Was it worth it?

I realize that my attitude is not what you want to see or read but the fact is, you let this guy play with your mind and then testosterone took over and you would up crashing! Instead of enjoying a nice ride to work!

By the way, did you report this crash to the police?
nate6966 likes this.

harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Garage
I agree with Harvey's logic, but it's hard to keep that attitude when you on the bike and come upon an idiot. I would probably have done the same and tried to get away from him. But at my age (62) I don't ride the bike much in the dark anymore. Too many deer where I live.
Glad you are OK. Get the baby fixed up good as new and send pics.
Newtovtx and Noble-Rogue like this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page