Honda VTX Forum banner

Old rider first thread on any board ever

624 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  WheelsJr 
#1 ·
Hey all, joined some time ago but never posted anything till now...quick intro, from east coast (DC metro area)...moved to Cincinnati in April of 2013 for work...here every since...

I bought my bike as a salvage from a dealer in Ohio that sells majority salvaged bikes. Changed jobs and when transferring my little 401K to a Simple IRA decided to buy what I've wanted. Not perfect but paid in full and all mine. Before first ride considering I had to wait almost 2 months for the bike to be inspected by Sheriffs' Dept. I replaced fork seals, valve adjustments, fluid replacement in driveshaft among checking all other fluids levels and ability to properly perform its job. Replaced front and rear pads, removed rear fender and 'massaged' it back into somewhat original configuration so as the new rear led lights and chrome license plate holder would fit properly. Now riding and happy...met my soulmate, best friend in Cincy and will be married not soon enough..LOL..been married twice but was young and dumb...kids older now and time for the best second half of life...WOOHOO!!!!

Been riding for about 20 plus years...various bikes...my girl is the best riding partner I've ever had and she loves to ride with me as much as I love to ride...will be doing many rides, local and hopefully longer distance...including overseas at some point...

Looking to ride and meet good folks along the way...whether through rides or forums or in doing repair work...I do basically all my own work on my bike and other vehicles...saves a lot of money and gives me a great sense of accomplishment...plus my girl thinks its hot!!!..heehee

So ride long and ride hard but live to see another day of riding...Love long and love hard because your not guaranteed tomorrow...as long as God keeps me here...

Thanks
Gavin

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome! I'm new, too - I just keep using that search bar and keep reading... finding what I need to get comfortable with my new ride. Nice bike and I share the welcome I received recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.