Honda VTX Forum banner

Hello

831 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  w1burbank 
#1 ·
In 1986 I bought a Honda V65 Magna brand new. I've put over 156 thousand miles on it, visited every lower 48 State on it, been to Mexico, Canada and Alaska on it. Can't tell you how much I love that bike but it is finally starring to show some signs of wear. I can't find the parts to rebuild it so am considering retiring it. It was fate alone that then brought me to my new bike, a 2002 Honda VTX1800S2. What an amazing bike! I have completely fallen in love with it! I never thought I could love a V twin after riding my V four for so many years but this bike did it! Smooth, powerful, and what a pleasure to ride! Thank you Honda, keeping the road going and the miles passing by ?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Like wow!!! I've had 6 bikes in just a couple of years. I can keep a wife forever but for some reason I keep falling for diff bikes.

I think I have a keeper this time... had it exactly one year and loving it. :)

That is one sick paint job on year bike... congrats!

#6 ·
Welcome to the Board, from KY. That is an AMAZING paint job. Was that already on the bike when you bought it, or did you have it done yourself?
Safe Riding.

#11 ·
Welcome to the Board from Virginia!

Wow, I guess you do like your new ride since it is some 16years newer and motorcycles have really improved in that time span. But that V65 was a wonderful bike. My wife had a 500 Magna as her first bike and it was a fun ride.

Do you miss that V-4 engine yet?

#12 ·
It was already on it when I bought it, it was also on it when the person I bought it from bought it...he was under the impression it was a custom paint job - but honestly I think it is factory...I know, crazy...but I vaguely remember seeing it before at a dealership and asking the sales person about it...plus,absolutely no over spray on the backside of the panels and the emission and vacuum diagrams are still under the seat on the rear fender....I've learned not to trust my memory at this age but I really think it is from Honda...?? Absolutely NO defects, raised edges, orange peel, bumps, contamination bubbles...it is perfect...I can't find any pictures of it on the internet either so I am just not sure...but I am sure that I absolutely fell in love with at first sight and HAD to have it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.