Honda VTX Forum banner

Just brought my VTX home tonight

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  EuroDude 
#1 ·
Hello,

I new to VTXs but have been motorcycling for many years.

Glad to be here,
Andrew Clark

#6 ·
2007 VTX C but I'm told it has the F dash from the factory. Something about them having a surplus of F style gauges. Looks to be in excellent condition visually and rolled fine onto my trailer, but needs either a solenoid or starter according to the seller. We'll see soon enough once I dig in and start troubleshooting. I always get project bikes for thousands less than I see others for sale, and hope it costs less to fix than I saved. But this time I traded things that go boom and make lead fly, instead of investing any out of pocket money.
The color is black, it has a Memphis Shade windscreen, and some hard side bags off a Harley with custom made mounting brackets. So it looks a bit like the T but without floorboards. The previous owner also added driving lights using OEM front turn signal mounts so it looks like they were meant to be there. I haven't taken any pictures yet but am exited to get this thing rolling. I've read many great reviews of this bike.
My other 2-wheelers are: 1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, 2006 Ducati Multistrada 1000, 2001 Honda CBR 929RR, and 1987 Yamaha Venture Royale.

#9 ·
Welcome.

How are those driving lights secured to the turn signals? You don´t mention OEM lightbar (which has space to attach turn signals), so interested to know how those driving lights are secured to turn signals.

Also, how does the VTX 1300 compare to the Kawasaki 1500? Which is smoother and feels more solid? Which one is faster upon acceleration? Which one gets to 75 mph faster and better?

If I'm not mistaken, that Kawi 1500 is carbed and has a smaller tank with spoke wheels, right? I personally love those Vulcans.

#11 ·
Hello EuroDude. The driving lights are not mounted to the turn signal as you might have understood from my post. They are mounted just below the turn signals using identical fork brackets as the turn signals. So it's like mounting another set of turn signals a few inches below but using driving lights instead of turn signals.
I'm not sure how this compares to my Vulcan as I have not got it started yet. But it's an 1800 not the 1300 so I'm thinking it will be much faster and quicker. Yes the Vulcan is carbed and a bit of a pain in that respect. So I'm looking forward to this fuel injection.

Reactions: EuroDude
#12 ·
Awesome, I get your post. Yes, the 1800 wil be a lot faster! Those Vulcans are as tough and reliable as the VTXs or Shadows. Great bikes. I think the 1500 carbed has 2 carbs; a bit messy to jet or tune. Ive read the Vulcan 1500 is slower than the VTX 1300, but stock is more comfortable. First thing I did is slap on some Progressive's 444. Changed the bike totally. The Vulcan 1500 is a great canvas for touring.

I drool every time I browse websites of US dealerships and see the low prices of these bikes. I would have 4 by now if I lived in the USA (VTX 1300, VTX 1800, Vulcan 2000 and C109. Maybe also add a Vulcan 1600 or 1700 ABS for giggles).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.