Honda VTX Forum banner

Hello from Georgia

739 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  David Brown 
#1 ·
Purchased a 2003 VTX 1800R on Memorial Day, Dark side, Vance & Hines long shots, light bar, Ultimate X seat, factory bags, windshield, could go on and on about "extras" but basically, I paid him for the extras and he gave me a bike to take it home on. Pretty much everything I wanted to add was already there, and some things I don't think I've found yet, (just found added 4 way flashers for "parade duty"). I had NO IDEA these big V-twins would run so hard, I've always owned the multi cylinder high revving smaller displacement bikes (and 2 Gold Wings), I needed something to get my ankles out from under my butt and my weight off my shoulder and couldn't find anyone with something bad to say about the VTX. SO, I'm on the South side of Atlanta (McDonough) and as I begin to make all maintenance items current (bike seems WELL maintained but I want a good ground zero) I'll check in and search for topics I'm working on and see if now that I'm on board if I can get the manual to download.
I shoot shotgun (trap), golf, am a facility manager in Atlanta, a veteran, a pistol shooter (for fun) and a jack of all trades. I've done my own mechanical work for as long as I can remember, spent 30 years in construction (electrician) and LOVE to pull your leg. Now, that's about as much as I'll ever talk about myself, but from some of the posts I've seen here, I should fit right in. I'll keep my eyes open for a meet and greet and hopefully be able to meet some of the people whose posts I've been reading.:grin2:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello neighbor,welcome to the VTXOA.
I am about 500 feet from Henry county.
I go through Kelleytown often on my ride around Jackson lake and maybe a milkshake at Monticello DQ.
Shame the peach crop is doing so poor. We did eat some peach ice cream in Musella recently.

#8 ·
Welcome aboard from KY. Lots of similar interest on here...
AND,,, if you have any of those firearms you'd like to get rid of,,,, send me a PM!!!!
Safe Riding.

#10 ·
Hello, I'm David aka "hvac" I'm also in McDonough and ride a 2002 1800C. I see there is another X'er from Henry Co. Han&Feet is also a neighbor. I guess that makes us a triple threat. I am in the hvac industry and have done it for years. How long have you been riding and do you have a favorite area to ride?

#11 ·
just got back on 'puter, been installing back splash for the princess, have been riding since 1971, have ridden border to border, coast to coast in 1973 just before going into Army, while in the service rode in Germany, France, Spain, Austria and other small countries I would need a map to identify, recently sold a CX650C and a Magna VF700C as they had my ankles under my a$$ on 2 replaced knees and I had to lean forward on the handlebars on a shoulder I just had re-constructed. I work at McKenney's in Atlanta at the facility, they were my client when I worked in the field as a service truck electrician and I had done their last 4 remodels. It came time to hire on when they bought 17 acres behind them with 3 more buildings. I love to ride year round, 25 degrees and higher when it's dry, and I go in EARLY to beat traffic. I live near Lake Dow, will be working on kitchen for the next few days, the Princess will be leaving for Ecuador next Saturday and be gone for 2 weeks so I'll have home duty with the cats and time for a few short rides. Since you're in HVAC you're in your busy season though I would expect most of the "blow-ups" have been replaced. I go by Pat

#12 ·
Hello, I went to work for Hendry co school board after being at Aircond/Emcor for about 18 years. I was in the O&M department. in other words a site technician. Was assigned to a site in Alpharetta, 68 miles away and night shift to boot. I live in the Kellytown area. Been riding off and on since 1974. Only ridden in the southeast. ride everyday to work, rain or shine. trying to make time to head up the Blue Ridge Parkway again. alas not been on the job long enough to build vacation time. I do sneak off for a day trip across the Cheroaha Skyway and back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.