Little Sturgis, KY . . . - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Little Sturgis, KY . . .

Dates for this year are July 14th - 17th (Thurs - Sunday). Slider and are looking at possibly trying to make this rally this year.

"Yes" I know it can get a little wild, and "Yes" we've heard from others about what an 'Adults Only Rally' can be like, but we've been riding for almost 3 years now and we have not been to anything like this yet. Kind of hard to say you've been there done that when you haven't . . .

If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can look at making some reservations . . .

GIJoe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud Mid-South Member #7 (Formally known as the Tennessee Forum)
2003 VTX1800R - Gone
2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
2004 VTX1800C - Gone

2013 HD Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 PM

All I can say is Enjoy and take pics

BATTOO
Mid South board #3
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Reservations? I honestly don't know where you would make them at. You have an RV right. That is the ralley that you stay at. We rented a motorhome and trailered our bikes up there. You want to go on Thursday and get your spot. It is at the fairgrounds. Get a spot in the back corner. If you get one on "The Strip" You will be up all night listening to loud pipes!

06 1800N SPEC 5 CHROME,BLACK,LOW AND.......FAST!!! 03 WING.Crotch Rocket With a trunk
MID-SOUTH CORE MEMBER #1
OB HOODLUMS...FIRST 5
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks . . . Yes, we have an RV . . . we would have to get a hitch put on Lisa's truck and borrow a trailer for the bikes . . . OR . . . I could put one bike in the back of the truck, tow the RV and ride one of the bikes up . . . we'll see . . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 VTX1800R - Gone
2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
2004 VTX1800C - Gone

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I actually found some motels in the area that take reservations . . . none of them appear to be within 10 miles of the actual rally . . . which may not necessarily be a bad thing . . . we do want to experience the rally and see what the whole "Adults Only" is about, but not to the point where we are in the middle of the craziness all day and all night.

What I have heard about this rally is, it's fairly typical during the day, with some craziness, but not to the point of being outrageous or distracting . . . bike games, vendors, girls wearing skimpy clothes and LOTS of good looking bikes . . . nothing we have not seen before. It's at night that things start to really get wound up and people start to act a fool after getting too much sun, too little water, and WAY too much booze in them!!

We'll see . . . Lisa is working to use this rally as a goal for losing weight, getting in shape and wanting to wear a leather halter top to show off her expensive ink on her back. She IS NOT one to get buck wild and start de-clothing, as most of you know, so we are not about being involved with any of that!!

We just want to check out something different and see what all the fuss is about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 VTX1800R - Gone
2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
2004 VTX1800C - Gone

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Well I'll see about going to this. If we get a trailor I can pull the bikes behind my truck and crash with yall or bring my tent and set up with yall. Either way would be fine for me. You kitchen and some a/c during the day is enough for me, lol. I do not mind sleeping in the tent at night so you can do the love bird thang. lol.

Let me know. I can request the Thursday off and only burn 8 hours too, lol. I can pull the bikes back Sunday night or ask for the Monday off also. We can discuss this later.

"Hi, this is Falcon, yeah, I'm working, ya'll have fun riding . . . JERKS!!"
"Proud Member of The Mid-South Board #13 (Formerly known as the Tennessee Forum ) "
The statement above is the ramblings of a wanna be trucker who is probably just bored driving the highways!!!
no bike no more...

States I've rode in on a bike

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

OK, sounds good . . . Lisa is really NOT wanting to trailor the bikes and ride, so we'll have to figure out whether we are gonna try and get a trailer package set up for my bike and bring tent, etc with us, or try and get a motel up there somewhere . . . let's talk soon . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 VTX1800R - Gone
2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
2004 VTX1800C - Gone

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 AM

If you want the real "Little Sturgis" experience you need to stay there at the fair grounds. IMHO. If not you might as well go to a different rally.

06 1800N SPEC 5 CHROME,BLACK,LOW AND.......FAST!!! 03 WING.Crotch Rocket With a trunk
MID-SOUTH CORE MEMBER #1
OB HOODLUMS...FIRST 5
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM

I agree. Either trailer the camper up or take the tent. The entry fee for the weekend includes camping if you want. Staying insure at these types of rallies is the only way to experience them. Lol

"Hi, this is Falcon, yeah, I'm working, ya'll have fun riding . . . JERKS!!"
"Proud Member of The Mid-South Board #13 (Formerly known as the Tennessee Forum ) "
The statement above is the ramblings of a wanna be trucker who is probably just bored driving the highways!!!
no bike no more...

States I've rode in on a bike

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

We'll see . . . Lisa has mentioned taking our big a$$ tent with us and getting a spot (hopefully away from the strip).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 VTX1800R - Gone
2007 VTX1800T - Totalled
2004 VTX1800C - Gone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page