Honda VTX Forum banner

vibe-rider detailed review:

25K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  btalon 
#1 ·
vibe-rider detailed review:

Ok.. if you don’t know what this is…. Nevermind. But here’s my review of this after putting about 2000 miles on the bike with assorted female passengers and this installed.

This item comes in a small box, big enough to fit in your mailbox. It’s rather discreet.

Packaging is simple and the instructions are in the box as well as online. The install for this thing is really pretty straight forward (as long as you know where the front coil wire is inside the headlight. Search these boards for more info).

Hacking apart my seat was pretty scary as I’d just bought it. Here’s a list of little tools the instructions don’t really list that you should have and why:

Spray glue: comes in a can at any hardware store and some grocery stores. Works great on putting the felt back on the underside of the seat if you have this.

Dremel tool: to drill set holes for new screws to hold the leather back on.

Saran wrap: to cover the hole you have to cut into the seats foam, and provide a little moisture barrier.. hehe :twisted:

a piece of cloth: to cover the saran wrap and better hide the indentation in the seat after install.. not to mention to put a little more cushion on the device.

Electric connectors: you’ll want to put these in the line going to the seat so you can remove the seat and not have it cabled to the bike….

I was able to mount the control box for this device right between the ignition housing and the side cover (left side). I used the sticky tape and some zip ties on the frame. Nice and inconspicuous and you can flip the switch quickly while you turn the key on to the bike! (pics of this are available and i will post soon as i get home/remember).

This thing hooks up to the rear coil just like an aftermarket tach would. There is reference to a screenshot that can be found by searching this board, it shows which wire to tap into to get the front coil. Easiest to get to if you dislodge the tank so you can fee the wire to the headlight cowl. I'm having trouble finding this pic, it's the lone yellow wire inside that rats nest.. just tap into it and your set.

Now.. after install the device is almost completely hidden. Ensure to put this thing as far forward on the passenger seat as possible. First attempt I put it too far back and the first girl complained about her butt hole vibrating and the hardness of my seat :oops: farther up (like almost on your back) is much better from the reviews I’ve gotten.

So far I’ve had nothing but what I presume are good reviews from the lucky ladies who have ridden with me. Results vary from uncontrollable giggling to biting :shock: Showing this thing off to some married biker ladies at clubs and bike events usually has them running to their husbands begging for them to buy one.

So far I’d have to say this is one of the best mods I’ve put on the bike. 8) :D :twisted:

See less See more
#5 ·
I've done a few of these kinds of reviews for mods to my bike in the past. Specifically to assist others in what i've experienced with these products.

I chose to put it here as this is where people go to find this kind of information:

What's the device like
How to install
What else they need for it..
etc...

As such this is a service to my fellow VTXers, if you dissaprove of the product that's fine. But i'm sure some people would like the assistance should they choose to purchase one and install it.

Nobody trashes any other discussions on the tech board about 240 kit questions or PCIII comparisons; so i personally don't see how this should be any different.

#7 ·
sounds like tech advice to me..

That’s just pathetic. Give us break and put this crap on the “Off Topic” Board
He talks about the challenges of adjusting the seat/repair/etc... it's fair game for the tech forum.

-mike

#11 ·
Demi said:
As such this is a service to my fellow VTXers, if you dissaprove of the product that's fine. But i'm sure some people would like the assistance should they choose to purchase one and install it.

Nobody trashes any other discussions on the tech board about 240 kit questions or PCIII comparisons; so i personally don't see how this should be any different.
"How to turn your bike into a dildoe." Yup, real good stuff. I stand corrected...

#12 ·
I wouldnt need one, my X gets me off just by looking at her. Thats better than my wife can do! Ha-Ha! :D

#13 ·
Moon this is the technical board.

Correct me if i am wrong but he was explaining the techniques to putting this device on a bike and making iwork correctly/better. The off topic board is for things that do not relate to motorcycling. So even if you dont agree to the usefulness of this device is no reason to be rude. Some people may think that a 240 kit or a windshield are stupid ideas, but this is the place for it. I guess im just trying to say Lighten up. :lol:

#15 ·
The device comes with a relay switch box. This switch allows you to increase the rate of the device in relation to your front coil (more throttle more rumble). It also has a "turbo" button on it for ... stop lights? And yes it has a on off switch. They were even nice enough to put a red LED on it so you KNOW if it's off.

This is a nice feature as I often give my step sister a ride around town and I need to know that things off beforehand.

Just make sure when installing it that you don't put the switch box somewhere so out of the way that you can't see the light.

I have noticed that on some BIG bumps at highway speeds it has turned on (only twice in the past) and it doubles as a back massage if you have a seat with a low driver high passenger style.

#21 ·
moon said:
Demi said:

"How to turn your bike into a dildoe." Yup, real good stuff. I stand corrected...
The beauty of this board is you are free to leave at any time!
No one makes you read or for that matter, continue to reply to subjects which you disapprove of.

Mike

#22 ·
LowNotesB said:
Here's some real mechanical ingenuity at work:

http://www.fuckingmachines.com/meetthemachines/ (FYI-Adult Site)

B
Carefull Bro, yer gonna get in trouble for postin links like that one above. I've seen that site before, kinda makes one think they could have chosen a better career. Could you imagine havin that job 8)

#23 ·
which job?

I've seen that site before, kinda makes one think they could have chosen a better career. Could you imagine havin that job
Yeah manwhor, but which job were you looking for? Tester? hahahahahahahaha

Couldn't resist. :) -- you set yourself up.

Great website by the way, I have to admit I have also seen that website before. Multiple times. Nothin better than watching a young lady have a good time like that. That reminds me, I need to go back to Montreal soon. Road Trip!!!

Damn, need to find a way to make this post related to the tech thread. Does this modification void the warrantee?

-mike

#24 ·
2 points:

1) Thanks for the review. I always wondered if the ladies would like that.

2) You think if I have it shipped to Des at Ultimate he can professionally install it for me. :twisted:

Thanks again for the review!

Moon, take a chill pill.

#25 ·
The guy i spoke to seemed VERY cool, i'm not sure if he'll install it though (not that it's hard, seriously i'm not a mechanic and never done anything like this but still got it finished great IMO). I'm pretty sure they don't want to be held accountable for your seat.

#26 ·
Blackubar said:
2 points:

1) Thanks for the review. I always wondered if the ladies would like that.

2) You think if I have it shipped to Des at Ultimate he can professionally install it for me. :twisted:

Thanks again for the review!

Moon, take a chill pill.
Don’t need any pills. I’m cool. In fact, can’t wait for the “Fuzzy Dice” thread... :oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.