VTXOA - View Single Post - Sturgis
Thread: Sturgis
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:05 PM
LAWDOG2005

Re: Sturgis

I left on the 28th and came back on the 6th. Took me three days to get there. First stop was in Toledo, OH, then Rockford, IL and finally on to Rapid City for the duration of my stay. Went up to Wyoming to see Devil's Tower and worked my way through Sturgis, Lead, Deadwood, Keystone etc. Next day I went to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse via the Ghost town Rockerville and checked out the southwest region of the state including Custer State Park. The 3rd day I went back over to Wall and stopped at Wall Drugs and then went through the Badlands. Picking up pins and shot glasses along the way! Was one heck of a ride. The Black Hills were the BEST. Some of the hairpin turns could have been dangerous had I not had a TomTom unit. Pigtail bridge, laminated bridge were all wild. Crossing the Mississippi and Missouri rivers were cools as well. The only boring part of the ride was the straight, flat regions of Ohio and Illinois.

Going there I went through Chicago which sucked and ate up more in endurance than time. On the way back I avoided it... and the tolls. My route was I95 to I80/90 in NJ and straight aross the country.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome