Vegas Day Trips? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Vegas Day Trips?

My brother-in-law and myself will be renting some cycles in Vegas in November.... I would like to ride out to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead but not sure if there is any other places outside Vegas that we should go... We will have the bikes for about 6-7 hours so we can't go too far. Any recommended routes some out of towners should take?

Also, we are planning on renting from EagleRider so we can get some Honda's... I'm afraid I don't want to ride on a air cooled Harley in the Vegas heat... Any other suggested rental places we should look at?

We are coming from Minnesota where are currently 35 degrees is the high temp right now. I'm looking forward to some 80 degree temps...

P.S. I will be bringing my GPS so we can make sure we can find our way back.

'04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
My brother-in-law and myself will be renting some cycles in Vegas in November.... I would like to ride out to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead but not sure if there is any other places outside Vegas that we should go... We will have the bikes for about 6-7 hours so we can't go too far. Any recommended routes some out of towners should take?

Also, we are planning on renting from EagleRider so we can get some Honda's... I'm afraid I don't want to ride on a air cooled Harley in the Vegas heat... Any other suggested rental places we should look at?

We are coming from Minnesota where are currently 35 degrees is the high temp right now. I'm looking forward to some 80 degree temps...

P.S. I will be bringing my GPS so we can make sure we can find our way back.
When are you coming to Vegas? If I've missed you, hope you had a great trip.

Otherwise, the ride to Hoover Dam is a favorite of mine. The Lakeshore road is the most scenic route, but requires a national park pass or a $3.00 fee per bike for a 5-day pass. A nice optional side trip on the Lakeshore road is the Vally of Fire state park. Since it is a state park and not a national park, there could be an additional entry fee there (I've not been in that park since getting my VTX,on my to-do list though). A recommendation for breakfast or lunch on this ride would be the Coffee Cup Cafe in Boulder City, a favorite amongst us locals.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any other help.
2nd-JOB (a) cox.net

-- Jerry --

Man walks on two legs, not on four...
To ride on two wheels just makes sense.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 AM

Having rented from Eagle Rider in the past,
I get emails with specials.
Here are a couple of the latest ones.
Maybe they will help you save a few $$.

Have a great ride! The dam is Impressive!
The new dam bypass bridge will be done soon too.
It is also quite an engineering feat.

For a limited time, EagleRider is offering HUGE discounts on mid-week motorcycle rentals.
For ONLY $75 per day, you can rent the Harley-Davidson, Honda or BMW motorcycle of your dreams

http://www.eaglerider.com/Hot-Deals/MidweekSpecial.aspx

Thanksgiving is the time to hop on a hog, cruise out of town and
enjoy great food, great friends and great motorcycle riding.
EagleRider has your dream bike ready to get you started on your
holiday adventure.
During the month of November, EagleRider is offering a 30% discount
on the daily rate of motorcycle rentals. That is a SAVINGS of up to
$45 each day you ride. Choose your favorite Harley-Davidson, Honda,
or BMW motorcycle and arrive at your Thanksgiving dinner in style!
Simply click the “Book It” button or call 888-280-7746
and mention the promo code “HOTTHX” today!

http://www.eaglerider.com/Hot-Deals/...ngSpecial.aspx

If you want total security, go to prison.
There you`re fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
The only thing lacking..... is freedom.

Dwight David Eisenhower

I strive on a daily basis to be the person, my dog thinks I am.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Opus9,
We are actually renting this Saturday (11/14). We will be heading to Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. Thank you for the additional leads on the Lakeshore and the cafe. I'm willing to listen to any other suggestions you have, so please send them along...

Terminals,
Thank you for the coupon. I did find that same coupon on the web before I made my reservation. It saved me $30 some bucks from the weekend rate....

'04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
Opus9,
We are actually renting this Saturday (11/14). We will be heading to Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. Thank you for the additional leads on the Lakeshore and the cafe. I'm willing to listen to any other suggestions you have, so please send them along...
Here's a list of other favorite Vegas area rides compiled by one of the other members of the Sin City X-Riders.

http://www.sincityxriders.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1929

If you are already in town, the Sin City X-Riders are meeting tonight in Metro Pizza on Tropicana and Maryland Pkwy at 6:30 PM. You would be more than welcome to join us for dinner, and discuss other ride options. There are usually only 6 to 8 members in attendance at any of our weekly dinner meetings, so don't expect a large group.

Man walks on two legs, not on four...
To ride on two wheels just makes sense.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Opus9,
Actually will not get into Vegas until 11:30pm or so tonight. Then we are heading downtown for a local radio show broadcast (KQRS - minneapolis) at the Nugget. The live broadcast is from 3am until 7am and then there is after party. I will be doing this on Thursday and Friday. This is why I can only ride on Saturday before I take the Red-Eye back to Minneapolis for the Viking/Lions game Sunday @ Noon. Basically, very little sleep and lots and lots of laughs. But Saturday I will be dry for the ride.

Thanks for all the leads/suggestions. I will look these over before I hit the airport in a few hours.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 AM

vacation

Wife and I r headed your way end of july and would like to know of some nice back road ride to c what nobody else wants 2. ANY help would B great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3486.jpg (47.6 KB, 7 views)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Owly,
Just to confirm, are you looking for back roads in Vegas or Minnesota?

The links above for Vegas rides are really nice.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 AM

vacation

Lookin 4 rides in and round vegas. hoping 2 c some places u or somebody else knows about so we can enjoy a nice ride and c what u havsides the city of vegas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2969.jpg (62.7 KB, 2 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page