Brand new X owner, and loving it!!! - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Talking Brand new X owner, and loving it!!!

I just bought my first vtx! I got a 2003 vtx 1800 R with 12000 miles. It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted except a seat. I. Would love to get together and ride with some people on of these weekends iif anyone is near westland area. I had a shadow 750 ace before this and my god what a difference. I think I'm gonna love this bike. I have only put 177 miles on it as I only rode it home from indiana yesterday night, but am excited to do a lot more.

Anyone from metro area want to ride with a newb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Also where do you guys get the cool colored map to keep track of your trip? I don't like the mytriplogs as its really plain.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to ARTjr67
Welcome to VTXOA, enjoy your new ride Bro
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks and I will...

2003 R/S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:46 AM

hey, hilt, I was in your area today! Rode up from Fort Wayne, IN to visit a buddy who lives in Macomb, MI. We met at Novi, so I drove right by westland, I think... not too bad for a day trip. Hope you are enjoyin' that VTX I sure enjoy mine!

A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey.
06' VTX1300c: cobra slip ons, mustang seat, U.S. Saddlebags, cobra crash bars, flash2pass, iso grips, MS Batwing, NC Vstream batwing shield, garmn nuvi, neo backrest, lots of polish and some chrome...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Glad you like it

Hope you like your new "X"

I got mine last fall and have plunked way to much money in her too fast.

I have an '08 F model. I work out of Dearborn, MI.

Just a guy named Dan reliving his childhood on a 800 lb Gorilla Bike!
2008 VTX 1800 F, VH Bigshots with Big City Thunder Baffles, Thunder Hurricane, PCIII, Desmog, ISO Grips w Throttle Boss, Mustang Seats, Kuryakyn Ergo Engine Guards w Silver Bullet Driving Lights, MTC Clutch, Dual AEM Wideband AF Meters, WOLO Horn, Rostra Electronic Cruise Control.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilt View Post
I just bought my first vtx! I got a 2003 vtx 1800 R with 12000 miles. It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted except a seat. I. Would love to get together and ride with some people on of these weekends iif anyone is near westland area. I had a shadow 750 ace before this and my god what a difference. I think I'm gonna love this bike. I have only put 177 miles on it as I only rode it home from indiana yesterday night, but am excited to do a lot more.

Anyone from metro area want to ride with a newb?
on your upgrade. My first bike was an 03' ACE that I decided to keep when I bought my X.

If you decide on riding on the west side of the state let me know. I would be happy to ride with you. I run up and down that side alot.

Good luck on the road and hope you enjoy your new bike.
....................J

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. - P.J. O'Rourke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page