Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
ShortShifter

Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED

Here is a repost of Prairy Dogs Post of a Harley Super Glide Fairing that I thought was worthwhile for a second look. This is really increadible first because it is a Frame Mount Fairing and second because of the dual healight set up. This is really a valueable comodity if you can find one Grab It! The ride quality at highspeeds would be really stable with very little buffeting and the customary front end shimmy due to wind buffeting. Now if you did the HID headlight converion on both headlights 1 for High beam and the other for Low beam you would have one awesome ride that could not compare except with maybe Frame Mounted Lowers. OOOh Ya!

Real Nicely done PDog!

Unfortuately I can't copy/paste his pics so you can view them at this link on this site;
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240706

Cheers,
Rowland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Thx Shifter.

I'd be happy to help or advise anyone who wants to mount a Road Glide fairing on their VTX. I'm looking at the HID headlight conversions too but at the moment my "chrome budget" is a tad depleted.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiedog
Thx Shifter.

I'd be happy to help or advise anyone who wants to mount a Road Glide fairing on their VTX. I'm looking at the HID headlight conversions too but at the moment my "chrome budget" is a tad depleted.
Dude, me & you need to have a chat.

Dogs understand why bikers ride

'04 VTX 1300 Silver Retro
C.R.A.P. Member #007
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:19 PM

Pix Please!

The pix links on the original post seem be off-line. Would love to see how this looks. I've always liked the Road Glide setup fairing and "Tourpak" bags and trunk. (Just not the price!)

Used to ride a 2003 1800 C
New project... Raider S!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Re: Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED

VTX-Ryder -
Quote:
Dude, me & you need to have a chat.
Shoot me a note and we'll arrange it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiedog View Post
Thx Shifter.

I like the idea of a frame mounted fairing on my VTX 1300S. Have you written anything on how to convert a HD fairing to a VTX?

Are there any commercial manufacturers of frame mounted fairings for VTX's today?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 02:22 AM

Wow where did the old post get resurected from? Back before I was banned from the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Here is a repost of Prairy Dogs Post of a Harley Super Glide Fairing that I thought was worthwhile for a second look. This is really increadible first because it is a Frame Mount Fairing and second because of the dual healight set up. This is really a valueable comodity if you can find one Grab It! The ride quality at highspeeds would be really stable with very little buffeting and the customary front end shimmy due to wind buffeting. Now if you did the HID headlight converion on both headlights 1 for High beam and the other for Low beam you would have one awesome ride that could not compare except with maybe Frame Mounted Lowers. OOOh Ya!

Real Nicely done PDog!

Unfortuately I can't copy/paste his pics so you can view them at this link on this site;
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240706

Cheers,
Rowland

Alpha Howlers: "Will To Power" . . . I Will, I Do, I Can Do. . .Hence: I Can Do. . .So I Did Do!
WAKE-UP GRACY IT IS TRUE: RETIREMENT HEAVEN IS IN ECUADOR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page