Metric Cruisers and Outlaw MC - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuiper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricstir
Well not a Outlaw club but we are a MC and we allow metrics, but no sport bikes

OK, so if a member has a Cruiser and Also rides a Sport or Sport Touring, they would not be allowed?? Or even maybe rides Dirt Bikes??

Makes no sence to Me, But then what does these days
what ever you do on your own time is your business

anyway,
the way gas prices are going we'll all be on electric scoots

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GOLDWING 1800 DIGITAL SILVER 2013
Rolling on the darkside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
Why... oh please tell me why it even F ing matters what the hell OMGs ride. Don't people understand that they all want to be US but are to stupid to realize that it only takes a little bit of HONEST work to get there.

HA OMG prez said that Harleys are NOT a gang thing... they only chose them because they were easy to fix when they broke. If Hondas had been easier to work on they would be riding Hondas.

A part of the MC constitution/by-laws is that the member must ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle. And it is mostly due to the fact that it is an American made machine. Also realize, that most of these clubs orginated in the early to early-mid 1900's, following WWI. There are set number of miles members must ride per year, etc. Not sure of all the details but it's an interesting part of our society. And a very interesting part (be it 1% or not) of our motorcycle culture.

I am not sure why everyone hates so much on the MC's of America. I happen to find fascinating. We love our stories of the Wild West, and the outlaws that made up the era in time. These folks are some of the last of that breed.

You don't have to condone the actions of these groups, or support them, but it is an interesting part of Americana.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Till 03/09: '05 VTX1300R, Red, Hard Krome 3" Big Straights, Hypercharger, etc...etc...etc

Present: 2010 HD Street Glide, lots of black.....
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to tlyoungb Send a message via MSN to tlyoungb Send a message via Yahoo to tlyoungb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison
It doesn't mater WHAT you ride when you rape and pillage....it's THAT you ride, rape, and pillage.
Now that is funny....I don't care what you ride, that is funny.

tlyoungb
"The road to hell is paved with DEMONcrats"
"[Motorcycling] stimulates that primal part of our brain that's isolated when we just drive from place to place in our cars."
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuiper
Quote:
Well not a Outlaw club but we are a MC and we allow metrics, but no sport bikes

OK, so if a member has a Cruiser and Also rides a Sport or Sport Touring, they would not be allowed?? Or even maybe rides Dirt Bikes??

Makes no sence to Me, But then what does these days
they can own a sport bike , but can not ride the sport bike to club functions....or in group rides and must also have the cruiser bike as well
EXACTLY why I belong to NO organizations. If I ride a sport bike, does that make me a demon?

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Seat Dr

Isn't that just sweet. PepsX and Cyberhick going out for a night on the town. I thought I was the only one who got that picture.

[SIGPIC]http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3860&dateline=1226248 568[/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCruizer
Also realize, that most of these clubs orginated in the early to early-mid 1900's, following WWI. that breed.
Mid 1900's, after WWII, not WWI. The Hell's Angels took their name from a WWII USAF connection, though I'll have to go back and search it as I can't recall the specifics anymore.

Ok! here tiz, from Wikepedia anyway.....
The Hells Angels club was formed in 1948 in Fontana, California. The name "Hells Angels" was inspired by the name of the U.S. Air Force 303rd Bombardment Groups, a military unit formed in the early years of World War II. Some Hells Angels have attempted to dispel the myth that there is any connection, other than the name, between the HAMC and the historic military Hell's Angel. The group's official website clarifies that the name was suggested to the founders of the club by a friend of theirs, Arvid Olsen, who was a member of the Flying Tigers squadron from the 303rd Group. No actual members of that squadron became members of the HAMC.

Sonny Barger, in his book, had commented that he would have prefered something other than Harley's, even metric bikes, feeling that they were superior, generally faster, more reliable machines than the traditional mounts they had, but! it just wasn't something to be done.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 PM

SB, you are right, meant to type WWII, missed an I there! I have Sonny Bargers book sitting here ready to read here soon. Finishing up another Hells Angel book currently, written from an "outside" perspective. Looking forward to reading the flip side.

Anyone interested, another great book is Under And Alone, that is what got me interested in reading more about the MC's. Written from the Police perspective, undercover ATF agent who went into the Mongols, and in the end felt a closer Brotherhood with the Mongols than to the agency that he gave years of his life to. Interesting read.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Till 03/09: '05 VTX1300R, Red, Hard Krome 3" Big Straights, Hypercharger, etc...etc...etc

Present: 2010 HD Street Glide, lots of black.....
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Um, actually the USAF was not formed until 1947.
The US Army Air Force was formed in 1941.
Prior to that it was the US Army Air Corps.

Not that it matters
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 80dtylord
we are in an omc my prez has a road king and a vtx 1800 i just have a 1800 and they say it has to be able to keep up i guess i fit in i guess people forgot it only outlaw against ama it is a dieing art sort say

walking the dog kicking the cat spanking those harley's is were's at !
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 AM

Enjoy your "clubs" i prefer to follow my own rules, codes of conduct and the choice of what i ride and when. Patches and colors are the least of my concerns when its time for a ride.

Plain black leather and helmet works just fine for me. Im not a billboard, i just like to ride.

Out of the mouths of babes come profound truths that many adults can not understand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page