Isn't there a statute of limitations on traffic violations? - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 AM

Around here I'm purdy sure you can call the sheriffs office to find out stuff like that. Not sure though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Seasoned Member

Driving violations stay on your record forever. If you got a speeding ticket, moving violation, etc when you were 17 years old, 30 years ago it will still be on your record. . . most states (at least maine) only SHOW the most recent 11 years. . . I don't think insurance companies can ask about violations that are more then 3 years old.

But they will always be there. . . every time your name gets run through DMV/BMV/whatever it will still show the 1 conviction, it just may not be shown in further detail.

Hope this helped.

Bub Club member #361
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptSharky
Angry Yes I plan to pay it, as soon as they can find the info

Yes I plan to pay it, as soon as they can find the info, on micro fishe if they can. They said they would call me today when they find it. I am holding my breath, sitting here waiting to hear from them.
Todd
Lunatic Fringe
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Wait, I missed it the first read through. . it was an unpaid fine??

I'm actually kind of surprised there was no warrant issued for failure to pay fines/fees.

Bub Club member #361
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM

In my buddy's case I think he said he HAD paid the fine back then and thought it was over...he was from out of state.....

That doesnt seem fair....if they can keep track of the penalties and interest for 20 years they should be able to send out a post card to remind you. Plus, we have to renew our DLs every few years...why wouldnt it show up then so it could be taken care of?

This IS the computer age....LOL

2005 1800R (Ol' Ruby)
RIP: 2005 1300R (Ol' Silver)
Courtesy and Tolerance.........Courtesy begets Tolerance and Tolerance begets Courtesy.
AKA -- "Do Unto Others"
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX1300cnME View Post
Wait, I missed it the first read through. . it was an unpaid fine??

I'm actually kind of surprised there was no warrant issued for failure to pay fines/fees.
since traffic tickets are what they are..tickets...law enforcement does not waste there man hours finding you to serve a warrant for a ticket..

the warrant goes to your record...so next time YOU DO screw up again and this time they have you,such as pulling you over for something...boom
your warrant pops up in the cruiser car when they run your liscence and
plates...hand cuff you ..and off to sleep with the fishes behind bars..
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 AM

THEY CAN DO THAT? Not that I'm worried or anything.... My name is Jose Mendez....................

Todd
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptSharky
Angry Well I got some answers

Well the ticket in VT is only 46.00, but there is no way to handle it other then send them a check and then I;ll have to pay 65 dollars on line to get the license reinstated. But I am not sure why I need to get a vt license reinstated?????????
Todd
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 AM

[quote=vtxbronco;2153913]since traffic tickets are what they are..tickets...law enforcement does not waste there man hours finding you to serve a warrant for a ticket..quote]

In Tennessee they sent the two deputys out to my house with a warrent for parking tickets when I was 16 yrs. old. Go figure.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 Candy Black Cherry VTX1300R
It's semi stock for now....but I'm slipping fast.
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:37 AM

11 months ago I was stopped here in VA and the cop told me my license was suspended. He gave a summon to appear in court, I am in the military. When in court the judge told the cop that because I was in the military I didnt need to have a VA license and my LA license was good enough, case dismissed. 3 months ago, same thing. Stopped in a check point and my license showed as suspended. Cop was cool and had me call a friend to pick me up and allowed me to park the car. He mentioned, after you and me leave have another "friend" come pick up the car. I knew what he meant, all is good.

When I called LA they said I owed them over $3,500 in back taxes... I had to send proof of Texas residency and they clear that but, still had to pay the $60 to reinstate the license.

Is more of a hassle trying not to pay thier BS fees. I payed and had my clean record online went to court and case dismissed, no extra fines etc...

Action is better than inaction; even if is wrong!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page