Club back patch - Page 7 - VTXOA
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
billcarr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by toboggan View Post
Ok, I made some changes, based on some of your suggestions. Comments?
I like your corrections. Maybe tinker w a couple other fonts. At least 12 inch diameter. Very nice design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Third Rock (just to the right of the moon)
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Speaking as an average citizen,isnt it the Police departments job
to see that we are not subjected to this..?

Are we supposed to personally take on MC's,Crips,Bloods,and every other fringe group that poses a possible threat to us in public..?

People are not going to band together to take on MC's,since most have no contact with them whatsoever..

If your afraid of sharks,don't swim in the ocean...

Ummmmm.... NO

It is not... It is the job of the Police Officer to maintain peace and public order. When those are disturbed then the Police are called to restore them and investigate to find the party/s responsible. As recent court decisions have pointed out. The Police Officer is NOT responsible for the safety of the American Citizen (Although we try our dead level best to achieve this goal and take it personally when we "miss"). The CITIZEN is responsible for making choices that keep him/her safe. The Police Officers try very hard to keep people safe but as some have pointed out "... when seconds count the Police are just minutes away"... Take some of YOUR own responsibility and become people instead of sheep. Just please do it in such a manner that you are not guilty of anything more than self defense. The dogs ONLY get away with it because they are better organized than their sheep victims.


Darth [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] RoadDawg
Charter Member: Liberals Anonymous and, Red light in a Blue State...

Tapatalk ads SUCK... Sent from my smokey fire pit with a wet blanket
RoadDawg is offline  
post #63 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
birdiemn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo1970 View Post
Its a riding club, not a motorcycle club.

Big difference.

As long as it doesn't have M/C on it, you'll be fine.

-Gonz
That is not universally true. It all depends on the opinion of the local dominant club. Even the same dominant club in different states may set different rules about what's OK and what isn't. The PGR back patches you mentioned? They aren't OK in every state, only certain ones. Approval had to be sought on a state by state basis, and in many cases the answer was "No".

Anytime you are looking to start a club of any variety and plan to be flying a back patch it is best to check with your local COC or the state's dominant MC. I won't entertain an argument about whether that is right or wrong. Like it or not, when a group of riders sew a big patch on their backs they have entered the MC world. That is, simply, the way it is.

'04 1800 B - Custom paint by Rhino Linings of South St. Paul.
Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN 4 --- LTOD!

birdiemn is offline  
post #64 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
aardvark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 9,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
Ummmmm.... NO

It is not... It is the job of the Police Officer to maintain peace and public order. When those are disturbed then the Police are called to restore them and investigate to find the party/s responsible. As recent court decisions have pointed out. The Police Officer is NOT responsible for the safety of the American Citizen (Although we try our dead level best to achieve this goal and take it personally when we "miss"). The CITIZEN is responsible for making choices that keep him/her safe. The Police Officers try very hard to keep people safe but as some have pointed out "... when seconds count the Police are just minutes away"... Take some of YOUR own responsibility and become people instead of sheep. Just please do it in such a manner that you are not guilty of anything more than self defense. The dogs ONLY get away with it because they are better organized than their sheep victims.

I dont think avoiding trouble is being a Sheep...

What kind of Crusade are you spearheading in your area to get rid
od MC's,or 1%ers..?

Your gonna have some poor soul take your advice,and get himself
badly damaged...

Like I said,MC's and issues are such a small fraction of the population,
its not worth messin with...

If the mafia is extorting people in your area,you should stand up to
them also....

I understand somewhat about where your coming from,but dont
agree on how its best handled...JMO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2002 1800 RETRO SPOKE ILLUSION BLUE, SOLD May 2014
Bought 2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic June 2014
aardvark is offline  
post #65 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
As long as the sheep keep letting the dogs bite them in the ass... the dogs will continue to think that they "own" the pasture. When enough of those sheep start biting back... The dogs will seek other turf. The sheep only need to realize that they are MANY times more in number than the dogs.

Ph#k the 1%ers and their stupid idea that they own the pasture and can tell all others what THEIR rules are. PEOPLE... WE LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN AND WE ARE FREE FROM TYRANTS OF ANY KIND HERE. Stand up together for what is yours OR LOSE IT from apathy one person at a time.

So, do you feel the same way about the KKK's "right" to wear sheets in Southside?
hparsons is offline  
post #66 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
bossdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Columbia IL
Posts: 260
Post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I dont think avoiding trouble is being a Sheep...

What kind of Crusade are you spearheading in your area to get rid
od MC's,or 1%ers..?

Your gonna have some poor soul take your advice,and get himself
badly damaged...

Like I said,MC's and issues are such a small fraction of the population,
its not worth messin with...

If the mafia is extorting people in your area,you should stand up to
them also....

I understand somewhat about where your coming from,but dont
agree on how its best handled...JMO
I would rather find a nice compromise before spending a lot of money on making the patches rather than taking a stand and finding out how long parts of me will be in a cast. I think that the more we try to police ourselves the better off we will be. If we handle it ourselves, that will remove "big brother" from telling us what is "best" for us since we can't seem to get along by ourselves. Happy Trails, Dawg
bossdawg is offline  
post #67 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
prime45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Newbern NC
Posts: 2,047
Send a message via Yahoo to prime45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
As long as the sheep keep letting the dogs bite them in the ass... the dogs will continue to think that they "own" the pasture. When enough of those sheep start biting back... The dogs will seek other turf. The sheep only need to realize that they are MANY times more in number than the dogs.

Ph#k the 1%ers and their stupid idea that they own the pasture and can tell all others what THEIR rules are. PEOPLE... WE LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN AND WE ARE FREE FROM TYRANTS OF ANY KIND HERE. Stand up together for what is yours OR LOSE IT from apathy one person at a time.

At least some of us have back bone enough to stand up for our selfs. We the people are getting tramped from every angle .Goverment and gangs of all sorts.
Waite untill they get in your face and mess with your family and see what you think then.
Bet you will wish you had stood side by side with others to cure this problem. Prior and current military should be more involved in this to eraticate the tyrants .
If not your service to this country was for nothing. Letting domestic (terrorist/gangs) mess with you and your family. Here at home in the USA.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prime45 is offline  
post #68 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
glennkotr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southeast michigan
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime45 View Post
I dont like any body telling me what i can wear or do.Obay the law to some degree yes.
Let a bike gang tell me what i can wear or do NO!!!!! I also have some mean and nasty freinds with guns. And most are ex military with training in taking people out.
Just my take on the whole thing.
Good luck on your patch design.
lmao , thats just funny..... best of luck with that plan
glennkotr is offline  
post #69 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
glennkotr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southeast michigan
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by toboggan View Post
Well, this one does have a bit of history. Most of the members so far are former members of the Michigan X Riders. I'm still a member of the X Riders, but also joined the GLRR.

This type of club fills a niche that land-based clubs don't. Since there's no clubhouse to pay for, there's no reason to collect dues. A presence on the web helps people stay in touch, and plan rides and other events, and that's pretty cheap compared to a building. It also allows members to live hundreds of miles away from each other; while most of our members live in Southeast Michigan, our members can be spread across the state. We have at least one in the Western half of the UP. This gives us the opportunity to organize rides and meetings a long way for our homes, doing what we like best - riding.
right on , i wasnt saying there arnt good riding clubs... was in a couple myself... there are just other ways to go if your starting up a m/c , of course there are always exceptions to everything and depends on the area etc... just sayin lol
glennkotr is offline  
post #70 of 251 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
glennkotr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southeast michigan
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime45 View Post
At least some of us have back bone enough to stand up for our selfs. We the people are getting tramped from every angle .Goverment and gangs of all sorts.
Waite untill they get in your face and mess with your family and see what you think then.
Bet you will wish you had stood side by side with others to cure this problem. Prior and current military should be more involved in this to eraticate the tyrants .
If not your service to this country was for nothing. Letting domestic (terrorist/gangs) mess with you and your family. Here at home in the USA.
damn bro , if youd just have a lil more chilled attitude youd probably never have a problem...... whoa , easy killer
glennkotr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome