Dyna Beads - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Dyna Beads

Okay with so much mixed talk about the beads I did a little web search and found a world of arguments for and against Dyna Beads. One web review they said they tested the beads using a high speed balancing machine and the beads failed every time.

Now some supporters of dyna beads that have seen this test claim you canít use a balance machine to test dyna beads, not sure why.

So how do you know for sure they are working if you can use a balance machine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbass View Post
Okay with so much mixed talk about the beads I did a little web search and found a world of arguments for and against Dyna Beads. One web review they said they tested the beads using a high speed balancing machine and the beads failed every time.

Now some supporters of dyna beads that have seen this test claim you canít use a balance machine to test dyna beads, not sure why.

Here's testing for ya, I have had it up to 120mph w/ dynabeads and no wobble/shake!

Bikeless...

Want AMSOIL? PM ME! (Local P/U)
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 AM

All I know is that since I started using them, my front no longer shakes, my ride is much smoother, and my tires are lasting significantly longer. No scientific research here, just anecdotal evidence.

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE! Thank you, Jesus. (I am amazed at the grace and patience you have shown.)
Silver 2005 VTX1300S
post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:

Watch this:

I use dyna-beads in 6 tube motorcycle tires w/o any troubles

"The American Paratrooper exists to give the enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." ~~ General George S Patton.

'03 1800S '04 1300S
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 AM

They seem to work for me but then maybe I'm just disillusioned?

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 HID & LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Here's testing for ya, I have had it up to 120mph w/ dynabeads and no wobble/shake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfshrink View Post
All I know is that since I started using them, my front no longer shakes, my ride is much smoother, and my tires are lasting significantly longer. No scientific research here, just anecdotal evidence.
Experience: the best test ever - bar none.

Ride safe and ride often...

Ride safe and ride often...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Chief Petty Officer, U. S. Navy, RETIRED...Black 2007 1300-R, a few chrome nic nacs, debadged, clayton mod, Kury RTB, breakaway throttle lock, Honda passenger backrest and pad, Honda hard leather bags, Kury deep dish bezels, Kury ISO grips, Curved lay down license plate C.R.A.P. mod, AEROMACH 4" Risers, Kisan modulator, Kickstand extender, keeping it stock - just making it mine.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:

If I had to make a guess as to why a balance machine would not work, I would think it has something to do with the fact that the machine does not vibrate to assist with redistribution of the beads. One other thing is most spin balancers run for a very short time and would not give enough time either. Just a theory though...

Woody's fairing, Parrot Asteroid, Rockford Fosgate 300x4 and Polk db521 speakers. All mounted and wired. Needs paint!
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:

As far as I know Dyna Beads has always said you can't test with a balancing machine.

Ask the people that use them...I use them and they work for me.

M STAR KMA
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post

M STAR KMA
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_1bx View Post
As far as I know Dyna Beads has always said you can't test with a balancing machine.
I'd like to hear their explanation for this to better understand the whole situation.

Ervin

VTX 1800/280

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page