What seat do ytou have? - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 AM

Musatng

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 01:30 AM

UBB w/ Back rest. The back rest might well be the most important part on any seat.

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 AM

I have Ultimate big boy seats with backrests and passenger arm rests. Very comfortable on long rides. Wife loves the arm rests

Ride safe, ride often and keep the shiny side up. 08 1800T Spec.3[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Saddleman Explorer with jel. I love it and my wife can ride all day. Best part,$299 on E-Bay brand new.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 AM

I have the Mustang, that I bought off this web site. I love it. There are lots to choose from any event coming up in your area so you could check out different seats.

Jerry

04 1300C with some stuff added for comfort and sideburners for show and tank bib for looks an on and on it never stops!
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 AM

Ultimate Low Rider with backrests.

Opinion: mostly comfortable especially with driver backrest. The seat pushes me too far forward and puts my junk on the tank.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 1800 C-TRO
2013 Harley Road King
USAF 1971-75 Vietnam Era Veteran.
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9VD View Post
MCC seat here and very happy with it.
+1
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Every time one of these seat threads pop up I get just a little miffed at Honda.

Do you guys realize if it weren't for folks like Alan and his team at Mean City Cycles, either our attics, or landfills across the country would be dotted with stock VTX seats.

The simple fact is when Honda designed, manufactured, and test rode the VTX line of cycles, they didn't have either a clue, or a care about making a decent seat for their paying customers. (You would think at least ONE engineer at Honda would have stood up in a meeting and said "OK guys, the seat needs to be comfortable in case the customer decides to go for a ride further than the corner market"

I have ridden HD's and Vic's and they prove with their stock seats just how ridiculous Honda was concerning M/C seats.

The first time I went on a lengthy ride on my stock seat was a 160 miler. When I stopped after 80 miles, it wasn't because I wanted to. My butt hurt so bad I could have cried.
MCC after that, and the difference is hard to put into words.

Rode it for several thousand miles in comfort and finally sold it to a fellow X'er who loved it also. (BTW, it was the double decker memory foam)

I now have a Ultimate 4 pc and it is a comfortable setup also.

MCC rocks, and Honda should be ashamed of their selves.

Now I know there are some of you guys who say " the stock Honda seats are fine!" and my hat goes off to each of you............................................... ........

So I can scratch my head.

I'll step down now.

2007 1300R Mid-South X-Riders #11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 AM

I bought a used Mustang Vintage set from a VTXOA member..
Its a great seat..I reworked the passenger seat to make it a little cushier
for my Wifes cute little Ass....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2002 1800 RETRO SPOKE ILLUSION BLUE, SOLD May 2014
Bought 2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic June 2014
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathwiz View Post
Every time one of these seat threads pop up I get just a little miffed at Honda.

Do you guys realize if it weren't for folks like Alan and his team at Mean City Cycles, either our attics, or landfills across the country would be dotted with stock VTX seats.

The simple fact is when Honda designed, manufactured, and test rode the VTX line of cycles, they didn't have either a clue, or a care about making a decent seat for their paying customers. (You would think at least ONE engineer at Honda would have stood up in a meeting and said "OK guys, the seat needs to be comfortable in case the customer decides to go for a ride further than the corner market"

I have ridden HD's and Vic's and they prove with their stock seats just how ridiculous Honda was concerning M/C seats.

The first time I went on a lengthy ride on my stock seat was a 160 miler. When I stopped after 80 miles, it wasn't because I wanted to. My butt hurt so bad I could have cried.
MCC after that, and the difference is hard to put into words.

Rode it for several thousand miles in comfort and finally sold it to a fellow X'er who loved it also. (BTW, it was the double decker memory foam)

I now have a Ultimate 4 pc and it is a comfortable setup also.

MCC rocks, and Honda should be ashamed of their selves.

Now I know there are some of you guys who say " the stock Honda seats are fine!" and my hat goes off to each of you............................................... ........

So I can scratch my head.

I'll step down now.
It's not only Honda --- with the exception of my '89 Yamaha Venture I have never had a stock seat that was comfortable on any bike I had, that includes 2 Honda's, Yamaha V-Star, HD, and 2 Suzuki's. None of the manufacturers seem to be able to make a comfortable stock seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page