Spike Needs Help - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Spike Needs Help

Spike needs Help

While I have been around a while I normally just read the post and watch the sometime’s witty banter. I have been around long enough to know Spike is an invaluable resource to anyone asking his help and he always responds.

So why when he needs our help with a donation the response is almost nonexistent? Its not like it’s for his personal gain, I am sure everybody has had either a family member or friend that had to deal with Cancer, and believe regardless of its outcome it’s always devastating.

So in that sprit of helping others, something that he has done since this board started now I believe it’s our turn to step up…..

I don't normally do this but my God Daughter is doing the "Relay For Life" with the American Cancer Society. Cancer took my dad, my dad's dad, my mom is a breast cancer survivor and that makes it personal. So if you have an extra $5 for her, I would appreciate it and so would McKayla!

Thanks in advance
Larry [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage001.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage003.gif[/IMG] Originally Posted by McKayla
Dear Family and Friends,Please join or donate to or relay for life team, either one will be a big help wich you can be a part of!
We plan to stay overnight on March 31st at Newsome HS and have fun in the race for the cure while helping to make a difference! Either way, my team (and family) will be on the track for the 18 hour relay.
Thank you!
McKayla
McKayla
Click here to visit my PERSONAL page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px...s_tafId=838064

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Patriot Guard

1800 R VTX
CB 750F1 Supersport
XL 650
Valk
Mini-Trail 50cc

Wife's Bike
Spyder Rts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Thanks very much, I'm humbled and grateful for any and all that donate to my God Daughter's event.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Very good cause.
Like many, cancer has affected some near and dear to me.

Wish McKayla well.

Live love and ride...Life is too short!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Black 2007 1800C, (the fastest VTXs made) CP drag bars, XR Ultra Fairing, PC III, HK 2 into 1's, Kury Hypercharger, lights, Young Guns seat and chrome here and there.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Good cause. Like many others cancer has affected many people close to me.
Happy to help.

I know what I know - If you know what I mean.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Spike, I feel it . It took my wife 3 years ago. God bless all.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Thanks again for all the love and donations. I talked with Mckayla tonight and she sounded so happy that she got all these donations that she has no idea who the people are that donated for her. She was most proud that she had over $500 and her dad had just 1 donation, from his work, for only $200.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Just got this e-mail from her mother;

Quote:
I have to say.... THANK YOU!!! McKayla has been getting donations from people we don't know, and one of them mentioned that you had forwarded her email. Yesterday she was 10th out of 472 participants for amount earned for ACS. WOW! You and your friends have been very generous!Liisa

Thanks guys and gals, Mckayla is loving this!!!

AMA Life Member 721314
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Just got this e-mail from her mother;

I have to say.... THANK YOU!!! McKayla has been getting donations from people we don't know, and one of them mentioned that you had forwarded her email. Yesterday she was 10th out of 472 participants for amount earned for ACS. WOW! You and your friends have been very generous!Liisa

Thanks guys and gals, Mckayla is loving this!!!
After looking at the tally board on the donation site, it looks like we're (as in all of us) in 5th place by less than $200.

C'mon ladies and jents, lets go for 1st.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2004 VTX 1300C V&H pipes, K&N filter, Cobra crash bars w/Kuryakyn pegs, Mustang seats, Saddlemans bags, hidden hitch, MS faring and a bunch of shiny stuff. Who you calling trailer trash??
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I wake up to find you guys and girls here have pushed her over $750!!! I really am grateful for all your help for her and for cancer. I hate cancer, taken too many of my family away, far too young.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to Lost Soul
There ya go Spike, Hope it help her reach her goals for a very worth while cause!!

Lost Soul ( Lee Jaderlund )

Proud Member of the Soggy Bottom Boyz Just hangin in the breeze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page