Yamaha v star 1100 forums???? - VTXOA
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Yamaha v star 1100 forums????

We found my brother a starter bike. The vtx we checked out was a waste of time. All custom if you remember the orange one with checkered flags paint and rake. He never cleaned it and the oil reservoir had a crack and was leaking oil. We offered 4500 but no dice. Found a nice 2002 Yamaha vstar with only 8000 miles for $3000 for him to learn on before upgrading to an X. Anyone know of a good forum for him to buy parts and find technical stuff?

2004 VTX 1300S, Harley batwing fairing with gauges, HD Roadking saddlebags, HK 2.5'' classic straights, Iso grips, Mustang seat, 10'' miniapes
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
You made a wise purchase. I have owned a yami 650, 1100 and a road star 1700 and they are all great bikes. I have even considered going back although I love my VTX.

My favorite forum for my yammi's was: http://roadstarclinic.com/

Great people and they are full of advice and information. Still one of my favorites, and I still check it out a couple of times a week.

Good Luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Check out the YMF. Same setup as VTX,just for Yamahas with forms for every vstar. I have a 1300 Vstar as well an found everything needed. The yamaha forums dont have nearly the member numbers as honda,consequently fewer posts but helpful anyway. Good luck...The 1100 is a great bike as well.Ride safe.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
A great bike!

Here is a really great site that works similar to this one and one I'm a member of:

Some really nice aftermarket parts for your V Star can be found here:

Here is another great site:

V Star links:

Here is my V Star 1100 Custom Midnight:

Here is an INVALUABLE site for all things you might want to know about your V Star and I wish we has something similar on VTXOA. It is an amazing wealth of technical information about the VStar 1100 :

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page