Gas prices going up get you bike ready - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Gas prices going up get your bike ready

Expect to see more bikes on the road with the gas prices going up .

""Gas Prices Are Going Up To $4 Per Gallon - Save On Gas - Ride A Motorcycle""
I have no problem with that , weather permitting

Check this article on gas prices and motorcycles

http://ezinearticles.com/?Gas-Prices-Are-Going-Up-To-$4-Per-Gallon---Save-On-Gas---Ride-A-Motorcycle&id=1067914

"If you are one of those people who crave the thrill of the open road and the wind in your face and you are sick of the ever increasing cost of commuting, invest in a motorcycle! "

MS Batwing with Long Rider Shield ,V&H Big Shots,Mustang Seat, ,Cobra Drive Shaft Cover ,Kuryakyn Triple Whammy ,NC Highway Bars with Chilhowee Chaps,Glens A/F, ,All Ball Neck Bearings Progressive 11-1126 Fork Sprngs GPS ,444-4229C Shocks ,Glen Clutch Pull Relief, Harley Saddle Bags & Tour Pak, Rivco Risers,K&N Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM

Im going to be ready. Bagging the X this spring, I will finally be able to carry more than a cell phone. I will be able to take a lunch and things to work so I can let the truck sit unless it looks like rain.

220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badta95 View Post
Im going to be ready. Bagging the X this spring, I will finally be able to carry more than a cell phone. I will be able to take a lunch and things to work so I can let the truck sit unless it looks like rain.
Bags may be my next purchase , when I got the bike I never plan on adding anything just keep it stock , well that ship sailed

MS Batwing with Long Rider Shield ,V&H Big Shots,Mustang Seat, ,Cobra Drive Shaft Cover ,Kuryakyn Triple Whammy ,NC Highway Bars with Chilhowee Chaps,Glens A/F, ,All Ball Neck Bearings Progressive 11-1126 Fork Sprngs GPS ,444-4229C Shocks ,Glen Clutch Pull Relief, Harley Saddle Bags & Tour Pak, Rivco Risers,K&N Filter
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM

It's all part of Lord Obama's plan.
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM

I ride every day till this morning when my Victory would not fire up. VTX is still down getting a few more parts chromed.

2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABL98 View Post
Bags may be my next purchase , when I got the bike I never plan on adding anything just keep it stock , well that ship sailed

Once the mod bug hits, the bike is never done. I joined this forum before I bought my X in 08. Came home from the dealer, and with 30 miles on the clock I was drilling holes in the pipes to open her up. Its been a long list ever since.

220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM

Let's just hope that spring comes soon just like 2012. Riding commenced in March. Gas prices going up is a real pain in the ass, you know just where you wear your wallet.

Perry's '04 1300S/R Glen's CPR, and Perm A/F tool, Decapped airbox w/SPyKER modded X cap, K&N filter,Pair valve mod, Factory Pro Kit, Iso Grips, Mustang Seat, Memphis Shades windscreen, 4" Aeromack risers, All balls steering bearings, Progressive fork springs, Breakaway TL, Wolo horn, V&H Crusers, Polished wheels. Tsukayu VTX bags
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight View Post
It's all part of Lord Obama's plan.
remember when Bush was president when gas prices hit near 4 bucks and daily papers said Bush did it. What will he do about it!! Not a peep now.

Near 40 mpg makes it enjoyable even with it going up some. Should hit 4 bucks by late March, April.

Maurice

VTX 1800t 2007
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 AM

Already $3.89 here.
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Gas prices have been going up and down just ike the temps here in NW Indiana. Less than a week ago I saw the gas price on my way to work at 3:30 am @ 3.95 and that is the cheap stuff. Within this last week I have seen it fluctuate from 3.69-3.89. I paid 3.88 yesterday and this morning it is 3.78....Absolutely crazy...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page