Time for riding - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Time for riding

I know i"m new here but where do find the time to ride, yes i work 40 hours a week ,take care of my wife who is disable and can not ride anymore . My daughter likes to ride who is now 17teen but now has a boyfriend ,so i do not like to ride alone but will just can"t fine the time.time time time what do you do!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Take every 5 minute ride I can. Even if it is just a run to the store. You just have to find the time.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
G.K. Chesterton [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM

Ride to work taking the long way, ride home taking a different long way; weekend mornings while everyone is still in bed go for a ride to get a newspaper or breakfast; lots of time to ride. I used to live 3 miles from work but took 25 mile route there and even longer after work, it sure helps clear the mind especially if you had a rough day at work.

Dan

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM

I will be riding more as I am looking for a new little scooter to drive around.

2003 c cobra floorboards-memphis windshield-roadhouse shorty
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 PM

I ride with a local Southern Cruisers group Thursday nights and in a beer and a few wings/conversation and also Tuesday nights with the local Christian Motorcycle Association, ride/great conversation-coffee/ride and have about a dozen friends who ride, also through church. With the weather cooling, I took the opportunity to get in a solo ride this afternoon, there's a gas station/coffee shop 1/2 away where all sorts of bikers seem to congregate. Just sit in the sun there for 10 minutes and someone is sure to say "that your ride?" and you strike up a conversation. You have to make the time and give yourself permission to ride.

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I ride alone, try you'll like it. You can turn when you want, you can stop when you want you can eat where you want.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Senior Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumdrl View Post
Ride to work taking the long way, ride home taking a different long way; weekend mornings while everyone is still in bed go for a ride to get a newspaper or breakfast; lots of time to ride. I used to live 3 miles from work but took 25 mile route there and even longer after work, it sure helps clear the mind especially if you had a rough day at work.

Dan
Difficult for me to do, but I agree. Also ride every Friday for about 150 miles for lunch and pool game.

VTX BEATS HARLEY and
Hitler is Pissed!
http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...wasted-1912477

Red Knights MC
“343”

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
I ride alone, try you'll like it. You can turn when you want, you can stop when you want you can eat where you want.
I couldn't agree more. There's got to be a thousand little nooks, crannies and hole in the wall places close to where you live that you've never been to before or haven't visited in years - check them out. And when you're alone, it's all at your pace.

03' VTX 1800 Retro Spec 3 - K&N A/F, V&H Longshots, PC3, Hondaline Windshield, luggage rack, sissy bar, and crash bar, Leatherlyke Saddlebags, Viking Sissy-Bar Pack, leather tank bib, MCC Seat Mod.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I couldn't agree more. There's got to be a thousand little nooks, crannies and hole in the wall places close to where you live that you've never been to before or haven't visited in years - check them out. And when you're alone, it's all at your pace.

Yep, when you ride alone there are so many "other" roads you can take just to see where you end up.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tombstone
So many times, you'll find yourself in the very best company when you're riding alone. As for finding the time, as has been said above, a lot of times, you simply have to MAKE the time.

Tombstone (AMA # 282162)
USAF MSgt Retired (1986-2010)
2014 Harley-Davidson Road King
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom
"Ride South, Ride Often"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page