Honda VTX Forum banner

Robbers cave area in oklahoma

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  JorgeMango 
#1 ·
The wife and I have the day off Monday and I wanted to take a mini trip. I have been wanting to ride up to robbers cave area and am seeking advice.

How are the roads in the area? Any must rides around there?

Please advise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Well hell looks like no one else is gonna say anything. Be careful up there, place is slap full of thieves..........:laugh: ride safe safe travels

#11 ·
Sorry I did not chime in, but had double hernia surgery earlier and any response would have been incoherent at best.
Yes, any of the roads connecting Talihina, OK to Mena, AR are great twisties. 63 in OK becomes 8 in AR and is a low-road with ridgeline and meadow scenery. 1 in OK becomes 88 in AR, running atop the spine of the range, and is the "official" Talimena Drive. Look out for the roadrunners. They can come out of nowhere. I was there back in February and they had some big grass fires. This spring/summer should be the greenest views in a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#17 ·
As long as nothing explodes and it doesn't piss on us I am making the trip Monday morning. Flying solo on this one as I can't let anything stand in my way of riding this time. To many botched rides recently.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.