Honda VTX Forum banner

Would you trade your VTX for a Bolt?

6K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  jammerwalker 
#1 ·
I have had my 2005 1300C since new. There is really nothing out there that would make the trouble and expense of selling it worthwhile. Until I saw the Yamaha Bolt that is, but only in pictures. It is a smaller bike with a smaller engine but much lighter too. Looks different enough to make me want one but I am not sure if I won't miss certain aspects of my 1300. What do you think?

#2 ·
I have seen one up close and it is a nice bike. Yes it is smaller than an X and supposed to be very nimble. I guess it all depends on what you want in a bike as to whether to sell the X and buy one. IMHO I might have one as a second bike to play around with but if it was going to be my only bike then no I wouldn't trade...but that is me.

Dan

#6 ·
nope, now for Scarlett Johansson... YES!!!

Reactions: rangers4u
#14 ·
So what your saying is, it's the yamaha version of a sportster.... :grin2:

Reactions: Capt. Rory
#11 ·
Bikes I've owned... since 2011.

2007 Honda VT750
2007 Kawasaki 900 Custom
2004 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2003 Honda VTX1800C
2004 Victory Vegas
2007 Honda VTX1800F

I say go for it. Time for a change. You can always sell it and try another one.

I've loved something about each one I've owned.

#13 ·
How about comparing the Bolt with a HD 48?

#16 ·
I'd trade my 1800 for a Bolt - if that shiny chrome bolt came with the VERY low mile, perfect '07 or '08 VTX1800N Spec 3 it was attached to!

#23 ·
For about the same money, you would do much better getting this Indian Scout.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/12/0...y-cruiser-motorcycle-review-first-ride-photos

You beat me to posting the same sentiment.

I liked the Bolt's 'bobber' look when it first came out, but since then I've seen the Indian Scout and there is no comparison to me. The new larger engine Scout (about 1100) is big enough for my solo riding. Would I sell my VTX for it? No.

If you're getting tired of your VTX, it might be time to just get a paint job, or add some goodies'. Check out BD's paint jobs for starters: http://www.bdscycles.com/Home.html

Reactions: nate6966
#25 ·
No opinions on comparing the Bolt to a Sporty or a 48?

#26 ·
Here is a funny but pretty accurate comparison of the Bolt to a 48:

If you compare the Bolt to a Harley 883, the Bolt is faster, has better brakes, suspension, and power:

It all comes down to what you by a motorcycle for.

Reactions: rangers4u
#27 ·
I looked at Indian Scouts with a friend today. The 1200 (1199) is very attractive. Sounds good & likely get nimble. 100 HP liquid cooled. In a 550 pound machine. She ought to move on out really quick. Has 79 ft pounds of torque. I would personally pass on the Bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Thanks, HOP. The first 1 was way too funny!

#31 ·
Honestly.....

I wouldn't trade my VTX 1800 T2 for any other bike.

Not for any other bike???? :surprise:

So if someone offered to trade you this 2017 Indian Chieftain 1811 cc in similar colors to your bike, you wouldn't trade?

And you'd snub :yikes: this 2017 Indian Chief for your VTX?

Reactions: Dartanuan
#32 ·
Personally, I'd take one, but that front fender is still way too fugly.

#33 ·
Agree with the front fender. Other than that they are really good looking bikes.

Yes I would trade. Especially if title for title. Would not trade for what they would give for my X in a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 ·
I have to agree with House O Pain.... even if I was offered a trade, I'd keep my 1800-T. I just like it that much!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.