Honda VTX Forum banner

Dunlop D251

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  pushrod 
#1 ·
Is time to replace my rear tire on my 05 1800R. I was using the Dunlop D251 the OEM tire, well aparently Dunlop stopped making this tire and can't find a new one. Aparently the Dunlop Elite 3 is what is going to replace the D251.

Im looking for opinions on this tire form those using this tire as well as sudgestions on any other brand. I will be replacing my front tire as well, i don't like the look of two diferent tires...

#12 ·
I do not think you will find a better Wet weather tire anywhere...

I have been in your 5 minutes later storms.. and are nothing to 3 day hard rains up here. I ride in the rain often .. not by choice. just happens to often.

#15 ·
I have been in some hellacious rain storms, even flooding and my E3's grip the road like it was dry pavement. I do think I might try American Elite's next time just because they've gotten such great recommendations and all the reviews say that as good as the E3's are, the AE's are even better. Must be something to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.