Honda VTX Forum banner

1977 cb550

637 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  pushrod 
#1 · (Edited)
A customer I worked for the other day has a 1977 CB550, 2 owner, never wrecked, complete & stock. Has 30926 miles, hasn't been run since 1998, engine is free (I kicked it over). The only bad part visible is the front rim has some rust on it. He also has the title. Told him I'd try & find out what it is worth & if there is any interest in it. Anyone have any interest or info?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, but KBB also shows the CB550 Super Sport (since that was on the tank) at a slightly higher price than the regular CB550 Four; $2955 instead of $2185. :wink2:

#3 ·
nice to see another one still around.

but the 550 is like the 500... the little brother of the CB750.. not worth a lot..

best to advertise to the largest market possible...

I specialized in restoring the CB750 for many years.

#5 ·
I "had" a 79 cb650. My son was born in 79 and about 15 years ago I transferred it to him. He has it and runs it occasionally to keep it all good.

Reactions: Curt E
#7 ·
I had a 1979 CB550/4 from new back in the UK & it was a great bike, if not a little underpowered compared to the Suzuki 550 (500?) that was on the market at the same time.

KBB is only a rough guide, & it's down to whoever wants such a bike in your area at any given time.

True places on the West coast like to Cafe racer style them, & probably NY & certain other "hip" cities, but to me, even because of the nostalgia factor, it's worth no more than $500, but to someone in Portland it may be worth $2k!?!?!?

#10 ·
A friend had a new 76' 550F, sapphire blue, the gas tank was solid blue with the Honda emblem and without the black decals on each side of the tank, it looked great. I had 76 Goldwing at the time and we rode together a lot. His 550 was pretty snappy and the 4-into-1 exhaust sounded a lot like today's crotch rockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.