Honda VTX Forum banner

96 Valkyrie

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Glenn W 
#1 ·
I'm purchasing (cheap) a 96 Valkyrie tomorrow.....any experienced thoughts on these Bikes?

#4 · (Edited)
Good luck with yours!! Enjoy it.
We purchased a 1997 Trike conversion. Ours is hard to start if we don't ride it a lot during the off season.
No issues at all other than a cold blooded start (which wont be a problem if you are in Florida!)..... It does get a lot of attention every time we take it out.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

#13 ·
Good luck with yours!! Enjoy it.
We purchased a 1997 Trike conversion. Ours is hard to start if we don't ride it a lot during the off season.
No issues at all other than a cold blooded start (which wont be a problem if you are in Florida!)..... It does get a lot of attention every time we take it out.
If you ever decide to get rid of that Valk trike, PLEASE let me know!!

#5 ·
If you need some info about 'em, you might PM PAVALKER here. Doesn't always answer for long periods.

#6 ·
Congrats on the Valk. I love my Valkyrie Interstate. Check your year. Valks were made from 1997-2003. Don't let her sit. That is worst thing to do to her. Check out the VRCC forum. A great forum just like here!

#7 ·
Well, After a long drive pulling the trailer We finally found the place....the Valk was 100% intact and about 98% corroded. Unfortunatly the bike was left to sit outdoors in the florida sea air....It was only misrepresented in that he said it ran......He didn't mention the last time was a long long time ago.....anyway, my son and I had a nice drive together today towing an empty trailer home......
Thanks for all the info and responses.....we will keep hunting.

#8 ·
Bitter sweet to look back and grasp that you've dodged a bullet...
Good luck with the continued hunt! There's some great ones out there, I can FEEL it!

#11 ·
Unconventional (non HD, S&S, etc.) choppers are very interesting to me. I'd love to hear more about your plans.

#12 ·
The only drawback that would keep me from considering a Valkyrie is the carbs. My cousin has a Valk, and he is ALWAYS having to do something with the carbs. My 1800 has spoiled me with the fuel injection!!!!

Reactions: rangers4u
#16 ·
I had a '99 Valk for about a year before I stupidly thought a sports tourer would better suit my current needs...it was a superb machine, reliable, great position and very quick, I so regret selling it !
anyway the sports tourer has gone and I'm back on a cruiser...had the VTX for about 3 months now and loving it !
good luck with your search...if you get a good one it'll be worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.