Honda VTX Forum banner

Need a Shed

905 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Newtovtx 
#1 ·
I am selling my house with the two car garage and now will need a shed to house my VTX 1300s. What minimum size do you all recommend just for the bike, tool box, and riding gear?

This will give me a stating point and we will add to it for the rest of the garage contents, but, gotta house the bike.

#2 ·
I wouldn't go smaller than an 8' x 10'. You might be able to get the bike into a 6' x 8', but you probably won't have room to move!!!

#3 ·
I keep my riding mower in a 10 x 12. If you want a tool box, room for gear, a few shelves and walk around , don't go any smaller.

#4 ·
The first house I bought was a manufactured home back in 1996 and I had a 95 750 Magna. I also needed a shed for the lawn mower and lawn maintenance stuff and had too of course house the bike. We went with a 10×10. It was a little tight, so was our budget. We couldnt afford much and had to make due to my then girlfriend now wife circumstances. Do what you have to do. If you could afford the 10x12 it's well worth the Xtra money.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I started with a 10 x 12 years ago for my 750 K. Shingled, particle board. Lasted maybe 20 years before the floor rotted out. It doesn't matter what size, eventually you will fill it up and need more space, LOL. Unless you want to build your own. But materials will run not much less than a pre-built like Lowe's or Depot have. I built my 24 x 24 x 19 high barn in the early 90's for about $3500, incl. much solo sweat equity. A pole barn, with T111 sides, plywood & shingled roof, poured cement floor. 2nd floor 15 x 24 loft for storage. I'm a pack rat. And FWIW, it's pretty much full up and down.

#11 ·
Dave Shady, very nice. Can I offer a suggestion? Turn your light fixtures 90*, and maybe suspend a section of plywood overhead for storing lengthy items. Not low enough to bump your head, LOL.

#12 ·
I know your looking to save $$$ and want to know the smallest possible size shed but from experience......... Don't look for the smallest you can get by with but rather the largest that you can afford. I've found that no matter the size, you'll always find that it wasn't big enough.

If you are any good at carpentry at all you can easily build a shed for less than you can purchase a new one and if you look and have a friend can help (And has a trailer) you can buy a used one (Sometimes even find them free) on craigslist. There are always a couple decent ones on there.

It's been a while but I built a 10x16 a few years back for over $1000 cheaper than I could buy a prefab shed and mine had a 48" loft when I was done and was built much better.

Whichever way you go, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.