Suggestions for seat pads - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Suggestions for seat pads

First, I have a 1800N with an Ultimate seat on it and up until riding MotoX last year I had no problems.
The problem is I bruised my tailbone and it's taking forever to go away. I took the VTX out for a short cruise and it aggravated it.

Anyone have any experience with a gel seat cover or anything else that can help alleviate the discomfort?
I can't not ride the X this Summer.

Thanks

Bandana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:06 PM

I've heard good things about Air Hawk.

'05 Honda VTX 1300R Champion trike Kit. Mustang Seats and Backrests, Kuryakyn ISO grips, pegs, floorboards, shifter and brake peddle. Universal passenger arm rests, Wolo horn, Shark 600 watt stereo, Vista cruise, Cup holder, GPS. Lots of chrome.

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/keywasted-1912477
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I tried the expensive gel pads and didn't like it at all. I used it for about 100 miles and never again got rid of it.

AMA Life Member 721314

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:27 PM

Tried a cheap hemmhoroid gel donut? One of my friends' wife basically had no ass, couldn't ride w/o discomfort, continues to use that. Don't know how she keeps it fastened to the seat.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Hondaline w/s & backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Progressive fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, desmog, pr. valve mod, grd. fix, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just load up on Aleve before and after?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:22 AM

Garage
I know they used to make "Air Jordan" pump up tennis shoes. Maybe you could find some "Air Calvin's" and try them????
Have never tried the gel seats, so can't give you any feedback on that. Good luck. I know it would make me sick, not to be able to ride on nice days!!!
Keep us informed on what you find.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Try this guy, cut his teeth on VTX seats and now does all kinds. Call and talk to him see if he can't do a custom seat with a cut out for the tailbone like a donut

AMA Life Member 721314
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDANA View Post
The problem is I bruised my tailbone and it's taking forever to go away. I took the VTX out for a short cruise and it aggravated it.
The 2pc Mustang seat REMOVES most of the pressure from the tailbone, by it's sharp angle. I know from personal experience!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:46 PM

Garage
I've tried various gel pads. The problem with them is not with the comfort, but if you have them ON the seat, they will push you UP, so that the wind will come OVER your windshield and hit you square in the FACE! I've still got a couple of my gel pads. I had gotten one raw gel piece that I was going to install IN my seat, and that might help, but I was told that others who did that had trouble with the seat getting REALLY hot in the summer, burning their backsides, unless they had the gel in the MIDDLE of the foam in the seat, and then it wasn't as effective at relieving the pain. The other I have is a sheepskin covered gel pad, surrounded by foam, and it's really NICE, but like I said above, it lifts me up so that the wind hits me right in the head over my windshield, and it puts my legs in a different position, so I notice a change in my hip angle, which can then cause other pains.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page