Considering an Ultimate Big Boy Seat - VTXOA
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Considering an Ultimate Big Boy Seat

I am talking with one of the members on here about buying his Ultimate Big Boy seat combo for my 2007 1800T. With all the knowledge on here, just thought I would bounce it off you folks, before I decided to pull the trigger (so to speak). I know most of the advantages of the seat, but concerned if there is any "downside" of replacing my Mean City Cycle modified stock seat with the Ultimate Big Boy. I am 6'-1" and weigh 240lbs.
Feedback would be appreciated. It's a good chunk of change to pay for something that I've never sat on before.
Thanks.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:27 AM

Very few of us have 'tried out' the Ultimate X before buying. We all go off the reputation, which is fantastic. Don't consider it, just buy it. Your ass will thank you.
TennX and Dartanuan like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Hondaline w/s & backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Progressive fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, desmog, pr. valve mod, grd. fix, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Old Goat

My history is mean city mod,saddleman,mustang and now ultimate big boy with backres(USED OFF OF FORUM)...love the seat.......I just dont see how u would be disappointed.....but all azzes are different...Im sure I spent too much 10 years ago but paid $400 for drivers seat and backrest...bought passenger seat at later date...good luck
Dartanuan likes this.

2006....1300R CBC,darkside,foots mod..

Slide Show..

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/tenn...%20mods?sort=3

"Life is a highway, and I just try and stay between the ditches"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:54 AM

I'm 6' 1" and 235. Went to the Big Boy from a Mustang and have never regretted my move. I paid $600 for driver seat w/ backrest, and passenger seat w/backrest which hurt my frugal soul, but it has been worth it. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crawdaddy
Best seat out there. I've been riding my X for 15 years, started with a Corbin then after about 3 years went to Ultimate Big Boy. I'm 6' and about 250 lbs. I've ridden about 45K miles on this seat and glad I spent the money. I went all out with driver, passenger, driver backrest, and their passenger back rest / sissy bar kind of thing. I also have the rain covers and will use them because the seats will soak up some moisture. I take them off when I wash my bike. I also did the mod to change the seat bolts to pins. Much easier to take the seat off.

Someday I might change my ride to F6B and I might not consider the bike if Ultimate didn't make a seat for it, but they do!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post

Someday I might change my ride to F6B
Me 2....been lusting ever since they came out ...going to look again this week..LOL...good luck

2006....1300R CBC,darkside,foots mod..

Slide Show..

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/tenn...%20mods?sort=3

"Life is a highway, and I just try and stay between the ditches"
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 02:17 PM

I had a 1300C back in -06, went with a Mustang (made the "boys" hurt) and didn't like it, went to the Ultimate Mid Rider which was pretty awesome. I sold the 1300 and bought the '07 1800N. Ran with the stock seat for a year then got a double memory foam Mean City Cycles, which was very comfy. I rode that until 2011 or '12 when Ultimate had a 20% off sale and bought my current Big Boy with backrest, passenger sear , pouch and rain cover, and still riding on it today! I'll never have any other seat on my N and if I ever get another bike the Ultimate will be my first upgrade!

Dan

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg

'07 1800N, Leather Lyke bags, Kumho Ecsta 195/60-16 tire, MCHitch trailer hitch, Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM

I did a write up comparing stock vs mustang vs ultimate a coupe years ago. There's no comparison... the ultimate makes all other seats fell like plywood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2005 VTX 1800 Retro Spec 3
Tsukayu VTX bags, Reckless Fairing, Glens Blinker Bar & 3" Headlight Ext., Ultimate X Seat, Progressive 430 shortened rear shocks.
4 Wheels Move The Body...2 Wheels Move The Soul
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:12 PM

Garage
I cannot think of any drawbacks. I could ride fifty miles on stock seat before stopping, a hundred miles on the Mean City, and 1000 miles a day on the Ultimate. I wont say the butt hasn't got sore, butt not like it used too.
Dartanuan likes this.

What you own is your own kingdom, What you do is your own glory
What you love is your own power, What you live is your own story
In your head is the answer, Let it guide you along
Let your heart be the anchor, And the beat of your own song.......Neal Peart
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Best seat out there. I've been riding my X for 15 years, started with a Corbin then after about 3 years went to Ultimate Big Boy. I'm 6' and about 250 lbs. I've ridden about 45K miles on this seat and glad I spent the money. I went all out with driver, passenger, driver backrest, and their passenger back rest / sissy bar kind of thing. I also have the rain covers and will use them because the seats will soak up some moisture. I take them off when I wash my bike. I also did the mod to change the seat bolts to pins. Much easier to take the seat off.

Someday I might change my ride to F6B and I might not consider the bike if Ultimate didn't make a seat for it, but they do!
I am very interested in this "change seat bolt to pins" mod. Do you have any pics. Would be nice if taking the seat off was easier.
I also have looked hard at the F6B. Too "thrifty to ride anything but the paid for vtx that handles so great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page