Honda VTX Forum banner

Anyone Know Him?

725 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wngd 
#1 ·
Just read this article about a Colorado pastor named Paris Wallace who died searching for hidden treasure in New Mexico. Sad. Does anyone know if he was a member here?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Saw that & wondered the same thing!

#5 ·
Don't think he's a member here, but this has been all over our local news. The State cops have even been commenting about how stupid it is for this guy to post that "treasure" crap, and warning everyone to not do it. The guy who hid the loot said he would give another clue, but wouldn't stop it. I have to wonder about why a "pastor" would be trying to find this "earthly treasure", which will amount to "pavement" in heaven, ANYWAY, but...prayers are "busted out" for his friends and family.

#6 ·
He searched for the same reason people buy lottery tickets. You just might find it and have the money for things while here on earth. I would suspect that nothing in his thought process included losing his life in the search. It is irresponsible for the the "treasure owner" to bait people with hopes of riches, but he isn't forcing anyone to go look. People need to make good decisions and protect their personal safety.

#7 ·
Well! There are some prosperity preachers out there and so this guy may have been trying to make a point by finding a "pot of gold" or a "pie in the sky". Maybe he was NOT this type of preacher and wanted to find the treasure just to give it away.

They show of pic of him with his vtx but he was actually in a 2001 Tahoe when this incident happened.

As for the guy that is hiding treasure... I read that he did this so encourage people to get out doors more. He is not to blame and someone just might eventually find it and their lives change for the better. I'm sure we will hear about it.

There are many ways to die... They found a lady that had died in her suv last week under a bridge. She had been missing... had just dropped grandchild off for baseball practice. I guess she lost control and wrecked in an area no one could see.

I'll be the one running across a highway trying to save a kitten and get smashed by challenger doing 200mph. :0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.