Honda VTX Forum banner

2018 Yamaha Star Venture launched in the USA

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Harkon 
#1 ·
#5 ·
MSRP*
$26,999 - Granite Gray - Transcontinental Option Package - Available from September 2017
$26,999 - Raspberry Metallic - Transcontinental Option Package - Available from September 2017
$24,999 - Granite Gray - Available from September 2017
$24,999 - Raspberry Metallic - Available from September 2017

Who do they think they are, Harley?????

Reactions: RBS
#8 ·
Sounds and looks like they're chasing the Goldwing but with a V Twin

#6 ·
WOW. That gave me a stiffie!!!!!

#9 ·
1972 CB750,, $1,510.
1975 Goldwing... $2,800
1983 Goldwing Aspencade $6,100
1986 Goldwing SEi.. 12,000 discounted in 1987 to $8,000 NEW.

2005 VTX1800"F" type II , $12,500 Feb 2005, first week of production.

#10 ·
I'm in heat! Just possibly, my first non Honda. After I hit the Lotto. Yamaha is giving demo rides @ this weeks Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown, Pa. Might have to check it out up close and give it a whirl.

#17 · (Edited)
Giant hand clap here. :pepper1 :congrats:

I had some in depth conversations with a Yamaha dealer a few years ago that this was on the way but they thought 2017 and didn't know whether they would keep the iconic 4-1300

I think this is a beautiful bike with the exception of the rear view of the bags - too chopped like the f6b imo.

But a V-Twin 1900 with a distinct fairing and they make great seats! Glad they didn't go tucked and buttons again lol.

I would ride this in a heartbeat and compare to f6b and Indian Roadmaster but big mistake if it's air cooled imo. Price is what it is.

My next bike will be a full dresser and more choice is better :grin2:

#18 ·
I would have been very interested if it was either fully water-cooled like the VTX or at least used targeted cooling for the heads like BMW and Harley have done recently. I think air cooling just isn't as efficient. I agree with other comments here, that Honda should have done this with the VTX and made a V-twin tourer with the same Gold Wing amenities. Maybe bump the displacement to 1900 or 2000 cc and add a 6th gear or go to a belt drive. I had a 1600cc Road Star and enjoyed the responsiveness from the belt. Sadly, it was carbureted and lacked power.

#21 ·
I already have a nice Vtwin that will cover the country easily. As I age I am thinking a lighter bike, not heavier. Looks like a Vic to me so it does nothing for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.