I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims... - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too

2004 1800C - Tornado air - VTX Exhaust - PCIII USB, corbin seat, turn signals, cobra tach, Barnet clutch springs, progressive fork springs, Battleax 200 tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 04:56 PM

I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mtn Man
I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body.
That may actually be that new vibrating loofa brush giving you that feeling

2003 VTX 1800C, Uranium with custom flames, V&H Big Shots, PCIII USB, K & N Filter with BCC X Flames Cutout Airbox Cover, Progressive 440's and fork springs, Cobra tach and a bunch of other bling - bling
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty
Quote:

I have a shower massage too
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 PM

[quote=Black Mtn Man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Black Mtn Man":2uz50pnk

I have a shower massage too [/quote:2uz50pnk]

Oh the insanity of it all, will it never end

2003 VTX 1800C, Uranium with custom flames, V&H Big Shots, PCIII USB, K & N Filter with BCC X Flames Cutout Airbox Cover, Progressive 440's and fork springs, Cobra tach and a bunch of other bling - bling
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Do you mix yours with KY, also? It works much better that way.

Eddie

2004 Red 1300S, Clayton Mod, Ultim. LowRider w/ Driv & Pass Backrests, wishmasterg Riser, Cobra Eng Grd w/ Floorbrds, Pass. Floorbrds, Honda Dlx Sissy Bar&Dlx Luggage Rack, Lightbar, 19" Memphis Wndshld, Memphis Lowers, TourMaster Zipper-Removable Bags, HDL Fender Tip, Chrome V-Radiator, Freeway Blasters, Turn Signal Beeper, Remote-Controlled LED Lighting, Backoff Module, X-Hinge, Garmin 2610 GPS
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:47 PM

Disclaimer:

I'm drinking margaritas, so overlook any lewd comments that I may make in the next few hours.

Eddie

2004 Red 1300S, Clayton Mod, Ultim. LowRider w/ Driv & Pass Backrests, wishmasterg Riser, Cobra Eng Grd w/ Floorbrds, Pass. Floorbrds, Honda Dlx Sissy Bar&Dlx Luggage Rack, Lightbar, 19" Memphis Wndshld, Memphis Lowers, TourMaster Zipper-Removable Bags, HDL Fender Tip, Chrome V-Radiator, Freeway Blasters, Turn Signal Beeper, Remote-Controlled LED Lighting, Backoff Module, X-Hinge, Garmin 2610 GPS
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:34 PM

Re: I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcake1
A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too
Sounds like a winner to me.Did you have to scrub it or just spray on rinse off.Only thing i'd be concerned about is leaving some residue on the aluminum that could tarnish or damage it.

My 4th VTX.She's a screamer![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

I just sprayed it on and wiped it right off. I just one side on the front and a spot on the back. Im going to do the whole thing tomarrow. It made it shine in a way I didnt think they were able to shine, considering its not polished. It got rid of the water spots and just left a clean shine. Very nice indeed.

2004 1800C - Tornado air - VTX Exhaust - PCIII USB, corbin seat, turn signals, cobra tach, Barnet clutch springs, progressive fork springs, Battleax 200 tire.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:19 PM

ammonium chlorides works in the short run but will damage the rims in the long run .. Any type of ammonia based product will cause damage to aluminium.. Only use petrolem based products when cleaning aluminium. Learned this quite a while ago on my trailer wheels.. At 650 a pop and with 10 of them on my tractor and trailer, it can be an expensive learning tool..

Ask any person that buff's or finishes aluminium out for a living.. There is a place in Florence SC that does aluminium, I think the name is prime-cut.. They cut and polish aluminium and stainless steel..

Breezy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page