Honda VTX Forum banner

WTB Whaletail tank bib

810 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  freeindeed 
#1 ·
If you have one you'd part with pm me please. Thanks. Rob

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks Cavie. With the step-by-step instructions from Bare, I'm half tempted to make my own. But I know me, never having done it before, the first one won't be right, so I'd have make 2. Great write-up.
I gotta find one first Tennx. You are right, Rob T put out some nice leather work. Once in a while one of his show up here on the classifieds. Good thing to remember...could ruin a paint job, a lot like the fender bib.
Looking for a plain jane, no pockets, no tooling, maybe lacing around the edge but that's it.

#5 ·
There was one for sale on the VTX Classifieds group on facebook yesterday for $110. There is also a guy on VTXCafe making them but I can't remember who and I am no longer able to log in there. I thought I saved his web site but can't find it. You may google whaletail tank bib for VTX and see what pops up.

Dan

#7 ·
Yeah, I don't do fb....oh well....maybe I can find someone who does and have them look..thanks for the tip

#9 ·
His name is Pete Peterson in Beaverton, Or. I sent him a message for contact info for you

#11 ·
I'm an Army veteran, so I think I'll pass on the Marine tank bib.....
And I appreciate all the legwork, suggestions and feedback but still hoping to find a good used one. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere that was pulled off before it ruined a paint job.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.