2002 VTX Recall Notice, Swingarm - Page 6 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto View Post
Thanks for the Info, I have a 02 made in the Ohio plant. Checked the VIN and I am glad to say that it is not one of the recalls......

Another good day!!!!!!!
Just for your info, all VTXs were made in Marysville, Ohio

AMA Life Member 721314
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
billcarr

Thanks

Thank you for the heads up.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Great info guys, mine is 9xxx so I managed to slip right through the middle! I don't see the "punch mark at the end of the VIN" for the kickstand fix though, so it looks like she's going in.

When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch -- author unknown

Silver '02 1800C -- Cobra slashcuts -- Kury HC -- Hondaline light bar -- Mean City Cycles memory foam seat -- Big Bike parts grille

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Just for your info, all VTXs were made in Marysville, Ohio
thanks alot so an american made motorcycle

[SIGPIC][/SIG[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PIC]
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM

VIBRATION

I get a vibration when in gear riding pulll cluth in and goes away.handel barsvibrateand windshield. Wonder if it could be pilot brgs in swing arm or u joint?
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM

im good! thanks spike.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM

my bike is #235 off production line my vin was almost there but i have a california model with a sc4610 instead of sc4600 wich means i should be clear rite?
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 12:45 AM

Seriously not trying to necro any threads around here, especially as a fresh user and new VTX owner, but I feel that asking here in this thread makes the most sense. So apologize if this should have went elsewhere but here's my question:

I recently purchased a 2002 VTX 1800 that has 36,500 miles but was, from the looks of her, kept in immaculate condition and very well appreciated so I would imagine that the owner handled any and all recalls that came up. However I cannot be 100% sure as I purchased the VTX from a used motor motorcycle dealer after the original owner traded it for a newer trike or something similar... So is there any way to verify that they did in fact handle any needed recalls and if they didn't can I still have those issues resolved this late in ownership? Thank you in advance for any and all help in this!
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Do what I did, call a honda dealership with your VIN number and they'll tell you if your bike was on recall and whether or not its been done. Mine was apart of the recall and to my surprise they told me my bike also was serviced do to the kickstand recall I knew nothing about. For once i was happy to have called the stealership. And thanks Chicago spike for starting this thread. 800 lbs of bike at 70+ miles per hour = you cant be too safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page