VTX1800F Spec 1 - Which Crashbar / Engine Guard should I get? - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

VTX1800F Spec 1 - Which Crashbar / Engine Guard should I get?

All,
Looking for other 1800F owners that have mounted a crashbar on their ride. I prefer the wider ones, not the ones that offer very little room for your feet. I have size 13 / wide feet and the last thing I want is something to get in my way. So I am looking for recommendations for crashbars for my specific model.. Again, it is a 2005 VTX1800F Spec 1.
I appreciate any input so I can make an informed decision by this weekend.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Crash bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLU View Post
All,
Looking for other 1800F owners that have mounted a crashbar on their ride. I prefer the wider ones, not the ones that offer very little room for your feet. I have size 13 / wide feet and the last thing I want is something to get in my way. So I am looking for recommendations for crashbars for my specific model.. Again, it is a 2005 VTX1800F Spec 1.
I appreciate any input so I can make an informed decision by this weekend.
Thanks!

I wish Cobra would make a "fatty" for the f model!

06 VTX 1800F

2006 1800F
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM

Thumbs up

I put the Paladin Hwy Bar made by National on my 2005 1800F and have loved them ever since. Good quality and they mount to the frame on top and bottom. No mounting to the radiator mount like other mfgr's. Been very pleased.
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/c...el=hd%2d107%22

2005 VTX 1800F Spec 1, Candy Black Cherry w/Ultimate Midrider seats, Kury iso grips, Kury pilot pegs & passenger floorboards, 6" Aeromach risers, Cobra Angled Slashcut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000R, Kury Pro-R HC, PAIR & desmog, LeatherLyke bags, National Switchblade w/s & crash bars, Cobra chrome, Cobra chrome, Cobra chrome
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultimate04 View Post
I put the Paladin Hwy Bar made by National on my 2005 1800F and have loved them ever since. Good quality and they mount to the frame on top and bottom. No mounting to the radiator mount like other mfgr's. Been very pleased.
Thanks for the input.. If I add NationalCycle Lowers, will it clear this crashbar? And the other concern I have is that I see they claim an "exceptional ground clearance " which I hear can be a problem for effectivness of a motorycle laydown / fall. Have you tried to lay your bike on the bars to see if the bars will effectivly hold the bike up without damage?
If these two are not a concern, then I will get them. Thanks bunch!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 PM

MC Enterprises. They have a forward sweep at the bottom for foot room
item 1000-19 fits the C should fit the F and they are 1.25"

Mine held up in a 30 mph laydown crash and highside ( hit diesel spill on wet offramp) with very minimal bending.

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
And Oh by the way, I keep seeing that the P4009 is for 2006 -2009 1800F.. Wonder why?
Example: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/na...action=fitment
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Not sure about the fitment as you should get the right model bars to match the year of your bike. As for laying down protection, I have set the bike down (nobody likes to admit that but you asked) on the bars twice and the bike rests nicely on the bars and the angle of the bike is such that you can lift it up yourself, although you will strain a nut doing so...damn X is a beast. Anyways, great protection and mounted very securely to the frame top and bottom alike.

2005 VTX 1800F Spec 1, Candy Black Cherry w/Ultimate Midrider seats, Kury iso grips, Kury pilot pegs & passenger floorboards, 6" Aeromach risers, Cobra Angled Slashcut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000R, Kury Pro-R HC, PAIR & desmog, LeatherLyke bags, National Switchblade w/s & crash bars, Cobra chrome, Cobra chrome, Cobra chrome
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAna View Post
MC Enterprises. They have a forward sweep at the bottom for foot room
item 1000-19 fits the C should fit the F and they are 1.25"

Mine held up in a 30 mph laydown crash and highside ( hit diesel spill on wet offramp) with very minimal bending.
Any chance of an up close photo? You can send it to me directly at djmegahertz@pobox.com
Thanks
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
The other concern with this bar is a comment I read posted on directline.. "terrible cleareance from shifter to bar i have a 10 1/2 size shoe and the front
of my boots hit the bars,unless you have tiny feet dont waste your money,go with cobra or something else" Do you have any issues like this guy mentions? I have size 13 feet and am concerned that this might an issue.. I wonder if maybe he had some custom shifter?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLU View Post
Any chance of an up close photo? You can send it to me directly at djmegahertz@pobox.com
Thanks
IMLU...I just sent you 5 pics, 3 of shifter side and 2 of the brake side. See emails for more details. Hope those help.

Tags
crashbar , engine guards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page