Honda VTX Forum banner

Fairing Help

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  smokindawg 
#1 ·
Hello all! I just bought a 1800n and would like to know if anyone has put a fairing on one? I put a Harley fairing on my 1300c but the 1800n has fatter trees. I'm getting older and the wind just wears me out on long rides now!

I thank you for your input!

#8 ·
I have a brand new Stealth fairing in a box. I bought it from a fellow member and am looking forward to installing it. The mounts do bolt to the triple tree and it appears as said that it's a piece of cake to install the fairing.

I now have another bike to ride local so can take my time mounting and making it my own. I have a double hot spot plug for phone charger and GPS I want to mount in it as well as a lighted digital volt meter I'm installing as well.

I'm not sure I want to go with a stereo and may opt for using my phone only for tunes. I also would like to find a small glove box to put in place of the area where the stereo usually mounts.

I've never rode with a fairing but have with a windshield and love having less wind in my face. It also helps with heavy bugs in the spring.

#12 ·
Don't spend a whole lot on the head unit and don't get one with cd player, they will skip when bumpy. I started with the Polk Audio speakers because they were given to me but have since switched to Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers and really like them. For an amp I went with a 2 channel cheapie from amazon.com with 500 watts for something like $20, real cheap for what it is but I can turn the sound up to around 30 and hear my music well while travelling down the road at 70+ mph. A rain guard is also nice for when you get caught in the downpours.

Dan

#14 ·
Don't spend a whole lot on the head unit and don't get one with cd player, they will skip when bumpy. I started with the Polk Audio speakers because they were given to me but have since switched to Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers and really like them. For an amp I went with a 2 channel cheapie from amazon.com with 500 watts for something like $20, real cheap for what it is but I can turn the sound up to around 30 and hear my music well while travelling down the road at 70+ mph. A rain guard is also nice for when you get caught in the downpours.

Dan

Thank you for your info Dan, I was wandering what those little amps would do!

#16 ·
I tryed one from ebay and it didnt fit the bike right so i went with tsukayu.com bit.it took 8 weeks to get but is was made to order and not on the shelf. The gps fairing is what i went with. You could.also look at reckless or hoppe industries

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.