Looking for a new seat - VTXOA
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a new seat

Hello all,
Looking for some suggestion and opinions on a New Seat.

I have a n 03 1800 C and need to replace the Stock seat. I have read some reviews on the Mustang and utlimate Seats but concerned with the Ultimate because due to my weight they recommend the Big Boy seat I am 5'6" and that pushes me further away from the Controls.
Any one have experience with the Corbin Seats (dual Touring?) or suggestions on another seat? Would need a passenger seat as well.
Thank you,
Steve

Check out pics of the VTX(and previous Bikes) here: http://community.webshots.com/user/gixxersteve_o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:48 PM

What is your weight? I'm 5'10", 215-ish. I checked their chart, and felt I was "in between". I didn't want further back, even after my risers, so chose the LowRider. LOVE it. It's a little close to the tank for "the Boiz", but def. not uncomfortable. You need to get with someone who has either, like at a group gathering, and trial fit for yourself.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Hondaline w/s & backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Progressive fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, desmog, pr. valve mod, grd. fix, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Garage
For me I like the Corbin solo, I have a Corbin gunfighter which is nice, and I also have the duel tour which I have use three or four times! If you are wanting to buy the Corbin dual tour send me a PM I can make you a good deal on it. Good luck on your decision, but you're not going to go wrong with Corbin

Coba

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:25 AM

I also like my Corbin young guns seat very much. It is a firm and large seat which provides a lot of support and has a perfect sleek look which fits the C model. However it is more a seat for the rider than the passenger, ideal for a short ride with the wife or girlfriend which helps if you want to ride alone with your buddies once in a while....

nate6966 likes this.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (forever)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 02-01-2017 at 10:29 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM

Garage
My bike came with a Mustang seat. I like it..
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastspek View Post
I also like my Corbin young guns seat very much. It is a firm and large seat which provides a lot of support and has a perfect sleek look which fits the C model. However it is more a seat for the rider than the passenger, ideal for a short ride with the wife or girlfriend which helps if you want to ride alone with your buddies once in a while....

Gorgeous bike!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
fastspek likes this.

'07 VTX 1800F spec 3
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
Gorgeous bike!

Thx, same for yours, especially with the Sideburner which makes it complete! I removed mine for the moment : TOO LOUD !!!....
nate6966 and Ken Lavoie like this.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (forever)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 02-02-2017 at 01:10 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thx, same for yours, especialy with the Sideburner which makes it complete! I removed mine for the moment : TOO LOUD !!!....
I'm telling ya, the Smart Partz baffle actually takes the edge off noticeably. I found it through J&P Cycles ($55 after shipping)

fastspek likes this.

'07 VTX 1800F spec 3
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Garage
So hard to decide on a seat. They're expensive! It's not like you can go try 10 different seats and pick the one you want. I like the Mustang touring seat I got. Anything is better than that horrible stock seat!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Garage
Quote:

Nice Bike! Where did you get the chrome side covers? Are they metal?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page