VTX "C" front brake and clutch hoses Longer? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randman View Post
I ordered some new C hoses from Honda based on this. They where cheap. Hopefully they are like the C cables and are a little longer.

Thank You!

Maybe you meant something else, but the C cable/hoses will be strikingly similar to the C cable/hoses as well as most assuredly the same length.

2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=prkuehn;4217065]Maybe you meant something else, but the C cable/hoses will be strikingly similar to the C cable/hoses as well as most assuredly the same length.[/QUOT

You said the C cables where a bit longer than the R ones. I ordered C hoses in hope they will be longer than the R Hoses.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 AM

[quote=Randman;4217105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prkuehn View Post
Maybe you meant something else, but the C cable/hoses will be strikingly similar to the C cable/hoses as well as most assuredly the same length.[/QUOT

You said the C cables where a bit longer than the R ones. I ordered C hoses in hope they will be longer than the R Hoses.

Go reread the post. I very specifically said for the 1300, the R cables are about 2" longer than the C.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

[quote=prkuehn;4217169]
Quote:

Go reread the post. I very specifically said for the 1300, the R cables are about 2" longer than the C.
Yeah I saw that. Figured that was a typo and you meant C's where longer. Wonder why the R's where longer? The C has a higher riser.

The hoses where less than $100 for the Front brake and clutch set and they do have a different part number than the R hoses. Maybe they will reach?

Guess I'll see when they come in the mail. Other wise I'll have some brand new C hoses for sale. lol
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

C has higher riser, r has much taller and more pullback on the bars itself. There's little or no difference. If there was, we would have said as much. Your only choice is the custom route
Randman likes this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 PM

[quote=Randman;4217185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prkuehn View Post

Yeah I saw that. Figured that was a typo and you meant C's where longer. Wonder why the R's where longer? The C has a higher riser.

The hoses where less than $100 for the Front brake and clutch set and they do have a different part number than the R hoses. Maybe they will reach?

Guess I'll see when they come in the mail. Other wise I'll have some brand new C hoses for sale. lol

Many people will offer advice and opinions to subjects they know little to nothing about. I assure you that Spike is not one of those that blindly guess. If he answers your question you can take it to the bank. Do yourself a favor and don't keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want. I will never claim to know all there is to know about a VTX, but I have figured out those folks that I trust. I have been the beneficiary of lots of great information and try to help others any chance I get.

Good luck and safe riding.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
C has higher riser, r has much taller and more pullback on the bars itself. There's little or no difference. If there was, we would have said as much. Your only choice is the custom route
Oh I see basically same length hose. Well crap!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

[quote=prkuehn;4217569]
Quote:

Many people will offer advice and opinions to subjects they know little to nothing about. I assure you that Spike is not one of those that blindly guess. If he answers your question you can take it to the bank. Do yourself a favor and don't keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want. I will never claim to know all there is to know about a VTX, but I have figured out those folks that I trust. I have been the beneficiary of lots of great information and try to help others any chance I get.

Good luck and safe riding.
I'm not asking the same question until I get the answer I want. Doing myself a favor in this case is trying to find a more affordable solution than spending $500 on brake hoses. So far no one has chimed in with one.

Thanks for your input though.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. I was able to cancel my order for C hoses and avoid a possible return shipping and restocking fee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page