Cobra pipes too loud - Page 4 - VTXOA
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
I still don't believe it. I would argue that the loudest pipes aggravate people and possibly even endanger, but whatever helps you sleep nights. I do not dislike loud pipes, to a point. I purchased aftermarket pipes entirely to enhance the sound. Extremely loud pipes and the noise they make has necessitated (well necessitated is arguable for sure) the legislation against loud pipes. It's at the point where our very freedoms as motorcyclists are in jeopardy because of the "loud pipes saves lives" and the "louder is better" camps.

Difference of opinion will always be present on this issue, but what will happen is that legislation will continue to march against noise created by our bikes. I'm not saying that one should not enhance the sound of their bikes, but I encourage people to consider the downside of becoming obnoxious about it.

It's funny how people who have no appreciation of how our cars, truck or motorcycles sound, can make enough noise to legislate noise laws. There should be anti-whining laws too! It's like, you bought a house on a road, vehicles make noise, get over it!
Great, except no one was necessarily talking about "extremely loud or obnoxious". You made a lot of assumptions there.

How about this? Loud enough to be noticed (without being obnoxious) saves lives.
Don't get hung up on the words, it's just a (true) saying.

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

But it's not true any more. The whole old cars with no radio, no AC and no insulation thing. If people don't see my huge fire truck with lights, sirens and air horns, they aren't hearing or seeing our tiny farting motorcycle
prkuehn, shadowfist and Harkon like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wngd View Post
Great, except no one was necessarily talking about "extremely loud or obnoxious". You made a lot of assumptions there.

How about this? Loud enough to be noticed (without being obnoxious) saves lives.
Don't get hung up on the words, it's just a (true) saying.
I get what you are saying. If I made assumptions, that was not the intention. The whole saves lives thing is used by exactly those people that are the most obnoxious. So anything I said about being obnoxious was not directed at you or anyone personally, rather those that would use the saying as an excuse / reason for being obnoxious. You clearly are not in that camp.

You say it's a true saying, but I respectfully disagree. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts on it, but I do not believe it.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons, V&H Dresser Duals, PV Tuner, NDana HID kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page