Cobra pipes too loud - VTXOA
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cobra pipes too loud

Just installed a set of Cobra Angled Slashcut exhausts. They are too loud so I installed the Thunder Monster QQ baffles, no real difference in volume. I called V&H to find out if their quiet baffles would fit the 2-1/8" I.D. of my pipes but they do not. Any thoughts to quiet it down some? Would wrapping the cobra baffles do anything? Have searched on the site but haven't found a good answer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

No, wrapping the baffles will not do much for volume. Nor will buying others baffles change the volume. All aftermarket pipes are loud. Send your OEM muffler to some one like http://www.vtxexhaust.com/ and tell them you don't very loud, just a rumble and they can help. Then, sell your Cobras to someone else to recoup some of your money.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:09 PM

Going deaf in right ear... I could wear foam plugs but too lazy.

I figure worth it so others can hear me. I can be approaching a walker and they will stop and turn around to look at me. Young cows run to their mommas. Buzzards fly up off the ground and make me shirt my pants.
Oksikahl likes this.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:38 PM

I have the same Cobras and the same baffles and hold the same opinion that they're too loud but I use earplugs and bear it.

You gotta just think of aftermarket pipes as running straight headers that bypass mufflers, cause that's essentially what they are and there's really no viable solution tone down the volume.

'03 1800R
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Garage
The quiet baffles helped my V&H somewhat. They still wake the dead. They came on bike an I've gotten used to them. I'd probably like the stock ones..
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys, am wearing my shooting earplugs.
Randman likes this.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:49 PM

I have the Cobras, but they came with the bike, so I don't know any different. Yes, they are loud, but traffic here in Los Angels is always busy and loud too. I like the idea that most will hear me coming before they see me. If I lived in a quieter area, I'm sure my thinking would be different.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Garage
I have the Cobra Slash Cuts. I had the modified VTX Exhaust on there first (without the baffles). I actually thought the Cobras were a little quieter than the modified OEM pipes, but with a somewhat deeper growl. I've heard a LOT of pipes that are louder than mine. I like the Cobras because if I stay off the throttle, they are quiet enough for the neighborhood. But when I want to get attention, I just crank on the throttle and watch the heads turn!!!
Randy2575 and Oksikahl like this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:34 PM

Garage
Lol switched from Rinehart pipes to cobras angled slash cuts. The cobras are quiet in comparison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:08 AM

Try Freedom Performance for pipes.. they have different baffle options and can come with CO2 bungs if installing optional auto tune sensors as I have

Styles to suit VTX to boot...

Side note.. I never did like Cobra pipes.. IMO

Cheer'z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page