Honda VTX Forum banner

215/45-18 General G-Max for F Model?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  primus 
#1 ·

Anybody try this one yet?

It's time to retire my second 215/45-18 Cooper Zeon ZPT tire and wondering if I should get another or try this G-Max for something different.

Seems I can order one for almost $50 less and it appears that it may have a deeper tread so maybe I can get more than the 20,000 miles out of it that I'm getting from the Zeons.

I just hope that's it's not any wider, 'cause despite the identical specs, sometimes there are actual slight width variances between manufacturers.

See less See more
#4 ·
You're gonna burst into flames again!

#7 ·
May be the same brand on the Viper, but bet it ai'nt anywhere near the same tire. As far as the comment about General- again no problems here with any quality issues and my RT43. Different models of the same brand, and different sizes of the same tire and brand, can be way different.

#9 ·
Update:

Well, I've put several hundred miles on the new G-Max and have been quite pleased with this purchase. Also, a gratifying benefit over the Cooper tire is the added few mm extra clearance round the swingarm with this General, and at the 215 width, every bit counts!

F model "darkside" riders may wanna consider this one as the 215/45-18 Cooper Zeon supply seems to be drying up.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.