Beach Bars on an N in 2017 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Beach Bars on an N in 2017

I have a question. I'd like to go the beach bar route on my 2007 1800N1. I've only seen a couple N's pull this off well. I've posted links to the look I'm going for below. My problem is that most of the posts are old and a lot of the recommended parts don't exist on the market any more. It looks to me like I would be getting different risers, because the examples I can find that I think look decent have replaced the stock with something shorter to get the bars mounted down lower up front, than stock. Also, almost all examples I like are larger diameter than 1" (another reason for the risers). Then have bars with a lot more pullback to make up for it. Can anyone point me to a riser and bar combo that would get close to what these examples are rockin'? I realize I will most likely be extending wiring and hydraulic lines.....just wanna know that I can still get this look. Any help or thoughts are appreciated. Or maybe my thought process is way off and there's an easier way. Any options are appreciated.

Factory specs on the 1800N1
Honda Model Honda Description Year Bar Diameter Height Width Pullback Center Clamp Area Factory #
VTX 1800 N Neo Retro(Risers 5"H x 2"PB) 2004 - 2008 1" 5-1/2" 33-1/2" 12" 9" 3-1/2" x 6-1/4" 53100-MCV-N10

Ruff's
Big Buffalo Beach Bars and C&C Low Pro solo.

Crux88's
Just ordered a VTX 1800N

2007 1800N1 - V&H BigShots - Hypercharger - desmog - Avons - 22K miles - Rotella T6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 PM

I know you are asking about an N, but the R/S may be similar enough that you find this useful. I have a beach bar and riser extensions. I love the way they feel and look. Below are links to what I have. You can check out an a couple pics in an album that I created.

Wild1 Chubby's W0551 Beach Bar
http://shop.wild1inc.com/WO551-CHUBB...-BAR-WO551.htm

Riser Extensions
http://www.genmarmfg.com/shop/honda/...ro-detail.html

the riser extensions are needed in order to elevate the bars up front so you can run look like they are running low at the grips. These bars/grips will hit the tank without an extension. Sure, you could raise the grip end up without the risers, however the bars won't be comfortable and even worse, they won't look right.

The extensions don't really look clean with the stock riser base or the top clamp from the R. I'll be cleaning that up. It is possible to fab extensions or buy new risers. Some long pullback risers may be the best - they will help you avoid the tank.

Hit me up if you have more questions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:12 PM

Garage
I used some Flanders 33" beach bars paired with 4" show chrome risers.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 AM

You may not need to extend the hoses and cables with beach bars so long as you keep the risers' length modest.

I used the now-discontinued Cruiser Performance bars with some 1300R risers to raise the attachment point about an inch, otherwise the bars wanted to bash the tank at full left/right endpoints. Topped them off with the original style top clamp.

I'm still using stock hydrolic hoses. The throttle cables were a bit on the tight side but used em for years before replacing them with 4" longer cables. Had to extended the electrical wires about 4" but that may be just cause I ran the wires internally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2701.jpg (428.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2706.jpg (289.7 KB, 11 views)

'03 1800R 128K smiles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page