Honda VTX Forum banner

Ultimate Big Boy and C risers on my R

719 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Randman 
#1 ·
The weather finally got nice enough to do a 4 hour trip here in ND. It's still getting pretty cold here in the evenings but mid day is not bad. (It snowed yesterday)

Thanks to all of your recommendations, I added The Ultimate Big Boy and C risers to my R. Spike recommended the C riser, line set, and sawing off the back of my heel toe shifter so my big foot would stop getting stuck. (thanks man good call on those)!

I couldn't ride for more than an hour without back cramps. Now the bike is like a flying lazy boy recliner. Now my only worry is falling asleep, lol.

This cost around $1000.00 to do this, but it was well worth it. Big Boy seat: $375, C Risers on E-bay: $40, Spiegler lines and Barnnet cables: $600. I looked into double banjo bolts and other lines, but this was the easiest nicest option.

I know a few have said you could possibly put the C riser on the R without replacing lines and cables. Maybe some years or models have slightly longer hoses. My brake hoses where just not long enough. I tried moving the connector line for front brakes, but just wasn't comfortable with the location. My old crusty cables would bind when rerouted. The clutch line would have worked if I bent the steel line, but at this point might as well do the whole set. After all they are 15 years old.

If anyone is tall and pushed up against the tank from stock seat, the Big Boy is the fix! If you're hunched over trying to reach the bars, the C riser is a good affordable fix. Some of the other risers are nice but aren't for the same diameter bars (some are $200).

I know this may be the wrong forum for this post, but I think these are common problems for people 6' or taller on these bikes and this comes up a lot. Any ways, Thank you very much guys for all your great recommendations! Much appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Spike knows his mods! And you manned up to make your ride fit you.
BTW, Perfect spot to post this, we love success stories!

Reactions: Randman
#4 · (Edited)
...Thanks to all of your recommendations, I added The Ultimate Big Boy and C risers to my R. Spike recommended the C riser, line set, and sawing off the back of my heel toe shifter so my big foot would stop getting stuck. (thanks man good call on those)!

I couldn't ride for more than an hour without back cramps. Now the bike is like a flying lazy boy recliner. Now my only worry is falling asleep, lol.
I even call mine a "Speeding Lazy-Boy" when asked if it's comfortable to ride. I've got the Big Boy WITH the backrest. I got some Rivco risers so I could keep the "VTX R/S" aluminum top clamp piece. Maybe we should say "ULTIMATE Lazy-Boy"!

After reading your post, I'm gonna saw off the heal shifter too.

Reactions: Randman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.