X-Wing is done... - Page 3 - VTXOA
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 AM

Garage
Beautiful bike and beautiful name.

I would consider painting the bags and leaving the trunk black. Or painting the bottoms and leaving the lids black.

MAN have you got storage space!
REVEMUP and nate6966 like this.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram,
on a silver-black PHANTOM bike!

Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:06 AM

very nice. I like the integrated fender brake lights
REVEMUP and nate6966 like this.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:45 PM

Every time I see this thread pop up I need to take another look. Just at the first post pics. The Neo is the perfect platform for this, and for some reason I am drawn to this bike. Honda should have made this bike! We might still have a 110CID twin if they had. I like it way better than the FB6 and could have been offered either as a bagger or a touring platform. Either way, this is an exceptionally good looking bike. I really like it!
SeaSteve, nate6966 and StarrRider like this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons, V&H Dresser Duals, PV Tuner, NDana HID kits

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:48 PM

Garage
That really is a cool bike! The fairing doesn't look as huge as it did on that vintage Goldwing.
REVEMUP and Harkon like this.

'07 VTX 1800F spec 3
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 PM

I gotta hand it to you... that is a lot of work to make that happen and no doubt many details to discover and overcome. Applause for that. If you are like me you moved that stuff up and down - front to back- many times before you decided it was good enough.

On the other hand, it sort of makes and old bike look even older...despite the utility it brings. Not so much my cup of tea, but mad respect for what that takes to get done.
REVEMUP likes this.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:17 AM

Garage
As a current X owner, and a former owner of 2 Gold Wings, I LOVE the look of that bike!!! You may have started a new fad!!! Nice job.
Safe Riding.
SeaSteve likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Every time I see this thread pop up I need to take another look. Just at the first post pics. The Neo is the perfect platform for this, and for some reason I am drawn to this bike. Honda should have made this bike! We might still have a 110CID twin if they had. I like it way better than the FB6 and could have been offered either as a bagger or a touring platform. Either way, this is an exceptionally good looking bike. I really like it!

Thank you for the compliment. I had been struggling with what to do with it. Once you've had a fairing, it's hard not to want one again. I just couldn't do another batwing. Nothing against those that have them and love them, but it got really old really quick listening to the HD crowd. It was always "Buy an HD if you want an HD". I thought about a Roadglide fairing, but that's when I had the idea to try this. I couldn't find any pictures of another one, so I had to just do it and see what it turned out like. I've been building cars, trucks and bikes my whole life. I really enjoy it when it looks like it came that way, so to speak. I appreciate your opinion !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....CYA L8R Tony

03 VTX1800 C "Sushi Glide"
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
That really is a cool bike! The fairing doesn't look as huge as it did on that vintage Goldwing.

I thinks it's those fat forks that help !

.....CYA L8R Tony

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
As a current X owner, and a former owner of 2 Gold Wings, I LOVE the look of that bike!!! You may have started a new fad!!! Nice job.
Safe Riding.

Thanks man ! You too !

.....CYA L8R Tony

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sring115 View Post
I gotta hand it to you... that is a lot of work to make that happen and no doubt many details to discover and overcome. Applause for that. If you are like me you moved that stuff up and down - front to back- many times before you decided it was good enough.

On the other hand, it sort of makes and old bike look even older...despite the utility it brings. Not so much my cup of tea, but mad respect for what that takes to get done.

I hear you, it's definitely a retro vibe. You are right though, the mock up and positioning took a very long time. But, I'm happy with the final product. I feel the same about a lot of the car/truck culture these days. I always say the same thing, I may not want to drive it, but I respect what it takes to get it there. Thanks for the comp on the work !

.....CYA L8R Tony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page