New guy with a few Q's - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:13 PM

Garage
If you don't want to spend the $'s for an Ultimate or Mustang seat - Mean City Cycles does a nice job of taking your seat and adding some extra cushion and making it much more comfortable. If you don't like the stock exhaust - you can modify them with VTX-Exhaust or add some V&H or Cobras. I'd run some Sea Foam in the gas tank for a few times to help clean out any gunk.
You are going to have a great machine, once you get her running. And yes,,,, these bikes are BIG. You are not going to believe the torque they have either!!!
Safe Riding, and welcome to the forum.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21" Windshield, Kury Engine Bars & Foot Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Mean City Cycles Seat, Cobra Slash-Cut Pipes, Progressive 430 Shocks, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Show Chrome Front Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 01:26 PM

Might want to pull plugs and spray some fogging oil or something similar in the cylinders if you haven't turn it over yet. I don't think you'll have more into it than it's worth. You bought it at the right price. These are great bikes. The stock seats are pretty uncomfortable though. I had to buy a couple different seats to get one that was comfortable for me.

What kind of seat did you end up with Randman?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman69 View Post
Hi Guys,

I just picked up a 02 1800C from the original owner. 3000 miles and not used for 8 years!!
I know I need to change ALL fluids and the tires but first I have fuel issues.
I pulled the tank and removed the fuel pump assembly. Looked real bad! Rust and crud.
I ordered a new FP assembly and FP regulator. Do you think the injectors will be OK?
Do I need to pull the throttle body and clean that also?
My plan is to clean the tank, replace the FP assembly and FP regulator and try to fire it up.
What do you think?? I'll do the ground fix at the same time. Anything else?
I only paid $1500 for the bike but I think in the end I'll end up spending more than it's worth.
Thanks
Nice pick Birdman! Went through the same exercise a year ago. 6,000 miles since, running great! Bike sat over 5 years. I didnt touch injectors or throttle body. Note that I didnt try to start it before all the cleanup either. Didnt want to push any crap any farther internally.

'06 1800c sitting 5yrs

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

Well I fired it up last night!!
Seems to run good. Haven't been out on the street yet still waiting for a few parts.
I replaced the fuel pump assembly and the regulator. Cleaned up the tank the best I could and she fired right up!!
Now for the fluid change and tires.
It's nice to hear it run!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page