Barrons extreme handlebar / throttle sleeve question - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Barrons extreme handlebar / throttle sleeve question

I have the barrons extreme 1.5" handlebars.
I have a space on the right side of the handlebars that is more than the left side. the space is about 3/8 difference.
I have the kury grips for the valk (which are longer than the X kury grips)
when I compare the throttle sleeve to the grip, the throttle sleeve is about 1/2 shorter than the kury grip.

I know it has been talked about drilling a small hole to move the kill switch housing to make the space on the xtreme bars less, but the throttle sleeve isnt going to move unless I cut the end of the handle bars to allow the throttle sleeve more room, which would change the bars and make one side shorter.

Are there longer throttle sleves that fit the X?
or
How can I fix this problem?

VTXC 1800, XR Fairing, Darkside 205/60/16 goodyear trip tred, Kury Hypercharger, Vance and Hines Big Shots, PCIII, L@R Extreme 5" FWD Controlls, Mustang 3 Piece seat, Break Away, de-smog w block off plates, ground fix, K-Drive saddlebags,barrons xtreme handlebars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

There should have been a spacer included in the grips to put inside the grip before sliding it over the throttle sleeve. If there was not one, make a spacer with any pipe(pvc, steel) that is 1 inch in diameter.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I am not concerned about making the grip fit the sleeve, I know about the spacer, thanks

I am trying to find a longer throttle sleeve to move the killswitch and throttle sleeve more towards the center (since they are tied together) of the barrons bars so the space on the barrons bars will appear equal on each side. I had thought of cutting the end off of the throttle sleeve, but the throttle sleeve would probally stick to the bars when I glue the grips on

I know others have had this problem, and I tried searching but couldn't find how the problem was solved

VTXC 1800, XR Fairing, Darkside 205/60/16 goodyear trip tred, Kury Hypercharger, Vance and Hines Big Shots, PCIII, L@R Extreme 5" FWD Controlls, Mustang 3 Piece seat, Break Away, de-smog w block off plates, ground fix, K-Drive saddlebags,barrons xtreme handlebars
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I got it now. I don't see why the Valk throttle sleeve wouldn't work. Same cable hook-ups, just longer.
http://www.hondaonlineparts.com/showVie ... kyrie|2003

AMA Life Member 721314

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page