Water Injection on Motorcycle - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Water Injection on Motorcycle

All quotes are Direct from their web site. The have a Motorcycle version.
http://aquatune.com/index.asp

Would You Believe This?

More horse power and a higher torque range!
From 25% and up increase in fuel economy!
Up to 30% increase in horse power!
Gets rid of harmful carbon deposits!
Pass previously failed DEQ checkouts!
Now available for all motorcycles, including 2-cycle engines. Also for boats and all racing applications.
We have a 30-day Money-back guarantee if your unit does not does not give you the results installed as under the guidelines set out! (Please see Disclaimer)
Soon to be available for all diesel applications
Processors are now also available in high polish chrome finish
Will not void new car warranty. See US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sec. 2301-2312 of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Water injection has been used for years, before WWII even. They used it is WWII fighters, problem is...where to put the water tank on the X

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike
Water injection has been used for years, before WWII even. They used it is WWII fighters, problem is...where to put the water tank on the X
Thats what they say "It’s been well known for many years, and still is today, that the steam engine is the most powerful of all engines and still used on aircraft carriers for catapulting jet fighters off the carrier. Also, the water injection was used on the P-38 fighter planes during WW II and at their high altitudes gave the engine a whopping 68% more horse power. Therefore, at 2500 feet above sea level you could expect 38% more horse power; of course, that does depend on the condition of the engine and how well it has been tuned."

They have a motorcycle kit looks like MSR bottles to me.
Lot of Testimonials
http://aquatune.com/testimonials.html
Even Dyno results on a few HD's
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 PM

Why of course, don't you? If it is in print it must be true. I am already running Slick 50, Duralube and one of those vortex air intake thingies in my 4 wheelers. Adding this will just be icing on the cake. I will probably get near 80 or 90 mpg in my Element with this baby. Just wish I could find a vortex air thingie to fit a Thunder Hurricane, 55 mpg would be nice.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Well it would be easy to test the hp gain Dyno it turned off the Dyno it turned on. They have a 30-day Money-back guarantee. 15% to 30% more horsepower
I might try it for 6 HP gain.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:07 AM

Water injection is used to slow the flame front in the combustion chamber on highley modified engines thereby reducing detonation. For our purposes it's practically useless. The addition of water injection on an unmodified engine is pointless. Claims of higher milage and hp is false. That you can believe.

Some current rides: 73 Yamaha RD 350, 85 Yamaha RZ 350, 79 Yamaha Daytona, 82 Honda V45 Sabre, 03 Aprilia Tuono Racing, 02 Honda VTX 1800C, 06 Yamaha YZF-R1 Anniversary (LE Paint Scheme), 06 Yamaha YZF-R1 Anniversary LE (The Real Deal), 02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Day Only Bike, 08 Honda Goldwing Airbagger
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:22 AM

Water injection is of no real hp benifit by itself. It was used in conjuction with other fuel enhancments to produce additional hp. In the case of the P47 Thunderbolt, it used additional fuel an alcohol injection with the water to produce additonal power. This "combat only" hp rating could only be used for approxamatly one minute of total flight time. Again.........the water was nessarry to keep the engine from comming apart due to the high manifold pressure of the huge turbocharger and added fuel to produce a tremendous boost in p[ower. The water injection dosen't add any real hp gain by itself.....it just allows you to push the engine performance with other things like air boost and fuels.

Some current rides: 73 Yamaha RD 350, 85 Yamaha RZ 350, 79 Yamaha Daytona, 82 Honda V45 Sabre, 03 Aprilia Tuono Racing, 02 Honda VTX 1800C, 06 Yamaha YZF-R1 Anniversary (LE Paint Scheme), 06 Yamaha YZF-R1 Anniversary LE (The Real Deal), 02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Day Only Bike, 08 Honda Goldwing Airbagger
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak
Water injection is used to slow the flame front in the combustion chamber on highley modified engines thereby reducing detonation. For our purposes it's practically useless. The addition of water injection on an unmodified engine is pointless. Claims of higher milage and hp is false. That you can believe.
I submitted it to the Local Fox station to do their Deal or Dud test. Maybe they will test it .
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 07:41 AM

I love these claims. Years ago in JC Whitney’s catalog they had similar gadgets. At any rate, before you can employ the hydrogen in water you need to split the molecule and harvest the hydrogen and oxygen in separate containers then join them again in the cylinder. If you want to split the two without the use of electricity you need to generate nearly 9000 degrees of heat... something engines can’t remotely get near. Engineering wise, anything taking up space oxygen should be occupying derates the output of the engine. For example, a saturated atmosphere derates output by 2%. The example they used “nitro and glycerine” gave me a laugh. The general makeup of oil is carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. I defy anyone to scrape some carbon off a piston and put it in water, wake up in the morning and have a gooey substance resembling oil... chemical bonds are a little more complex. If you were to inject methanol (extremely high in oxygen) you’d get somewhere... so much so you’d need to rewrite your maps (oh no, hope I didn’t give anyone an idea).

There is truth to adding water to settle detonation as it does slow the flame front and it does limit the output of the engine... As far as WW II craft go, water injection was used but there was a substantial amount of alcohol added as well. Reason being so the water wouldn’t freeze at altitude or in freezing temps. You’ll still get the alcohol to burn but the water is leaving the tail pipe as nothing more than vapour. Anyone believe in snake oil?

Cogito Ergo Sum
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills VTX
Anyone believe in snake oil?
All those people that by that crap advertised on TV on the shopping channel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page