200+ HP VTX1800R - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

200+ HP VTX1800R

I want 200+ Horse Power at the rear wheel!
240 or larger SSS on the back, and some Custom Color!
Who does this kind of work, and How much money am I looking at?
Not to mention, how are they going to get the bike to do this work?
This site (http://www.v2x.com/maxx121.htm) brings it to a 121.3 C.I.
I am thinking of Blower or Turbo.
I am currently in Iraq, and would like to have this on her when I get back to the states! I live in Houston, Texas.
Hopefully I will be home May of this year!

Keep The Shiny Side Up!!
2002 VTX1800R (currently) Pearl Orange.
Bought New 05/02. over 12500 Miles
Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Memphis Shades 21" Fats Windshield, Modified Stock Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

You won't get 200 at the wheel. Doind all that stuff will likely run @ $15,000, no blowers or super chargers out for the X, and it likely would not be done by May. Asking way too much to be done in too little time. Private Message or e-mail this guy Tapper in Texas as he does work, just not sure how much of this he will do.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/profile.php ... file&u=101

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 PM

Re: 200+ HP VTX1800R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwbear
I want 200+ Horse Power at the rear wheel!
240 or larger SSS on the back, and some Custom Color!
Who does this kind of work, and How much money am I looking at?
Not to mention, how are they going to get the bike to do this work?
This site (http://www.v2x.com/maxx121.htm) brings it to a 121.3 C.I.
I am thinking of Blower or Turbo.
I am currently in Iraq, and would like to have this on her when I get back to the states! I live in Houston, Texas.
Hopefully I will be home May of this year!
God willing you'll be home in May safe and sound! My neice just rotated back in January.

Now for the power you're looking for... There is only one way to go and that is a one off turbo setup from http://www.velocityracing.com/core/turb ... tx1800.htm

You'll have to privately contact them to see if they'll build you one. If not, then you can build a naturally aspirated system like I'm doing that will get you part the way there. IF that isn't good enough then you can add some NOS but I suspect you'll not want to do that.

I live in the Austin area.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:33 PM

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrotech
Yep I was there recently when Dave fired up that methanol beast. My gawd that thing is a BEAST

In reality the setup requires extensive rework of the frame such that you'll loose the general look of the VTX. But it still is bad ass!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:41 PM

From the book "Maximum boost", which applies to turbocharged engines.
If you boosted your VTX engine by 10psi and efficiencies for boost run from 0.052 to 0.077 you would be able to get anywhere from the following:
Lower value 0.052x 110 x (10+ 14.7)= 141 bhp
Higher value 0.077x110 x(10+14.7)= 209 bhp

It is my understanding you can boost the vtx 1800 engine to 10psi and not worry about anything internally. But then again I am not an expert.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:09 AM

Take a look at the new Kaw 1300 cc. 200 RWHP and only 380 lbs. They claim 17,600 rpm but it looks like it is more in the range of 16K+ but who's counting when it comes to four strokes? It will give Yamaha and Susuki a new target. I understand it will sell for around 14K.

This document has been spell checked by my dog. Refer any problems to him because his owner just doses not give a sh1t. If you are neurotic about spelling I suggest you read other post and leave this one alone.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to crazyredneck
If you live in Houston I would contact Steve Kinzer at Mr. Turbo. www.mrturbo.com

Kit not currently available but I am sure he can come up with something. Also www.drturbo.com sales systems as well.

I do not know for sure but I have heard rumors that the X motor does not hold together well with boost, can't back that up, just what I have heard.

03' 1800C, Black. Aeromach 6" Risers, Custom luggage rack/sissybar powder coated black(Sweeet), V&H Bigshots , Black Powdercoated Rims, Corbin Fairing, Ground Fix, Thunder Tornado (Black), PCIII (USB) Kury Grips & Levers, LaMonster Bullet End Caps, Show Chrome Resovoir Caps, Ultimate Bigboy, Complete Desmog, Kewlmetal Clutch.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage
Take a look at the new Kaw 1300 cc. 200 RWHP and only 380 lbs. They claim 17,600 rpm but it looks like it is more in the range of 16K+ but who's counting when it comes to four strokes? It will give Yamaha and Susuki a new target. I understand it will sell for around 14K.
RR, check this out try about 350 HP

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/zx11tubo.htm

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Shooting the messenger is always easier than dealing with an uncongenial message!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage
RR, that's the new Kawasaki ZX-14 1352 ccs. http://www.zx14ninja.com/

6 speed too.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Shooting the messenger is always easier than dealing with an uncongenial message!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page