IL rider coming for a visit - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to jond
The Dells ride was a blast! logged in 500 miles and took in some excellent twisties. Ran into a little rain, but mostly sunny and 70. Hope you all had a good weekend. See you soon. Finish that budget crap so we can ride!

2002 1800C / 2003 Retro too much to list too much to do / Regional Coordinator, Warriors' Watch, www.warriorswatch.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:23 PM

Re: IL rider coming for a visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jond
I'm a WIVO (Wisconsin / Illinois VTX Owner and I'm coming to Oahu for a business trip / vacation the end of Oct. Would like to ride with some X'ers while I'm out there. Haven't found a rental place with an X so I'm stuck with a HD, but at least its a bike! I rode around the perimeter of Oahu last year (albeit in a quick 3 hours) didn't get to really enjoy the ride since I wasn't sure where I was going. Any help is welcome. Mahalo!

JonD
How much is a rental bike going to cost you?
AND how many days do you need one?

Also, you might re-consider riding with these guys....
They're nothing but biker trash.....You'll end up in all the trashy bars on the island. Probably end up in jail.
They only attract ugly women wearing leather with spikes......You could end up being dominated in some cellar tied to the rafters.
I've rode with them before.....now I'm a ruined man.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Cool! I must have found the right crew to ride with The HD is about $125/day and I have it for 3 days. Hope you can join us on a ride.

2002 1800C / 2003 Retro too much to list too much to do / Regional Coordinator, Warriors' Watch, www.warriorswatch.org

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 AM

JonD,

Don't let the locals hook you up with any 'maho's' (it's been 20 years since I've been to Oahu, I think that's the local slang for them...).

Post some pix of riding around the island on the WIVO boards...

Jim

'04 Neo Retro Red

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Jim,

No problem with the pics, I have some from last years quick trip. I'll keep an eye out for the Mahos. Would a VTX bro really let another VTX bro do something wrong or bad

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 PM

Our Hawaiian VTX brothers wouldn't but the locals might...

'04 Neo Retro Red

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

I'll keep an eye out for trouble. Thanks!

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

3 days till I get to Waikiki! Can't wait! It's getting cold and rainy here so not much riding left in this season, time to switch to the warmer climate. See you guys soon. Keep the rubber side down!

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Stevess369
cool beans. This Sunday we have a Shriners run where we do some volunteer stuff with other bikers but I go for the food.

http://streetbikersunitedhawaii.org/200 ... 20bash.htm

My cell is 349-9483.

Stop whining you lack discipline!

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:56 AM

Steve, did you ride after Shriners?

This was my first year in four that I didn't go. A 15 min ride from the gardens where the club's meet to shriner's hospital; 2 hrs talking story and 1hr to eat if you didn't volunteer to work with a kid inside. Then afterwards Ray would call end of ride . . . . go home.

Steve, Cal, Gene, Donna and I rode the entire island and not a drop of rain. And home by 1:30. That's what I like about leaving at 8:30. Low traffic and some good cruzing on the North Shore.

Jon . . . I'll give you a shout tomorrow if you're checking online at the hotel.

Gary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page